• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Howling Night: Temple of Hinotheus

PolterGhost

First Post
He listened. He nodded. But the fiery-headed man called Ember didn't speak immediately. He had trouble with many of the details in his head, things that weren't adding up, key missing links, and of course the futility of even attempting to crush an entire drug cartel. Lifting his head, he coughed.

"I have some concerns with this quest you bestow upon us," he spoke. "Firstly, it's an impossibility to completely annihilate a drug operation without first finding the ringleaders, then their leaders, and so on through various cities and states. Cripple it, perhaps, we can do for this branch. Secondly, I doubt anyone would rightly kidnap a man of the cloth lest people like us be brought in to sort out the ruckus. Can you tell us the exact details of these men, from the moment before their disappearance, what their roles were in investigating the cartel and what they were wearing at the time?"
He stood up, crossing his arms, eyes glaring at the priest.
"I doubt these men wore their robes all the time, hence my inquiry. Perhaps you have some personal notes that they've kept from their investigations? Surely they have some sort of record of their itinerary."

SJRSamurai

First Post
At Ember's comments, Marius' gentle and polite demeanor drops almost instantly, his face looks more feral and his eyes seem to burn with an inner flame, the sight would send shivers in any sane being, with a voice that now sounds more like growls than words, your employer speaks:"We do not cower nor hide, thus all of these men wore armor and their traditional fur cloack. Now let me make this clear to you pup, I don't care if Rorn or Haran is ripe with this Pesh, I want it off my streets in Venza. As for people like you, bringing you in, with the intelligence you seem to have, wouldn't concern kobolds, your friends on the other hand seem like capable sorts, but Rannachio thugs don't think that far, most likely they ganged up on my men, killed them and then took their stuff, that's where your team comes in. Let me make this clear, challenging me isn't the smartest move you could make, I've spent ten years cleaning up the streets of Venza and fighting every day of my life to do it, so put those pretty little eyes down on the floor before I lose my temper and rip them off your skull."

Slightly turning his head towards Nathan he hands him the papers, and says to the sorcerer in a civil tone:"I shall remain here until you complete your investigation, should you require aid or healing you'll know where to find it. I would watch that one id I were you, his viper tongue and challenging eyes could get you in trouble on the planks."

[sblock=occ] I'm playing Marius as he is, an incredibly tough priest who's spent his life fighting low lives, as such challenging him which is what he assumed the glaring eyes were triggered a defense mechanism in him, in other words no offense intended towards you Ghost, just played the character as he is [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily sniggers, and then immediately looks apologetic when the priest turns his fiery glare at the barbarian.

"I ams sorry, Honored Elder. I was not laugh for you. Is being funny, I thinking, to challenging a father wolf in his own den when the cubs are being miss. I am not understand how city mans come adult and not knowing this. Is much very basic, like not putting [incomprehensible Elvish word] in mouth of blood-fang-rip tiger. I was make laugh at civilized crazy, but was being ... is word what? Non-respect? For you having been lose much and are being Father Wolf. It was be not good for laugh time. Very being sorry."

Daylily stands up and places two fists over his heart. "I wills finding your cubs. If is they being alive, I will return his cubs to Speaker of Sun Wolf. If Night Hunter is take them, then lets fury of Sun Wolf be with me, and I will taking much avenge for his name, with much bring down of big hammer. This is making promise."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Slightly turning his head towards Nathan he hands him the papers, and says to the sorcerer in a civil tone:"I shall remain here until you complete your investigation, should you require aid or healing you'll know where to find it. I would watch that one id I were you, his viper tongue and challenging eyes could get you in trouble on the planks."

For the second time in just a few minutes, Nathan finds himself gape-mouthed and speechless. He takes the papers as he composes himself as Daylily makes his pledge, then he smiles politely and nods. "Alrighty then. I think we're all set for now. And we'll just ... the exit's this way, yes? Yes. We'll ... be in touch."

Trying to convey through his look his rather overwhelming desire to leave the temple for more private climes, Nathan moves quickly for the door before any other unintended social faux pas pop up.

SJRSamurai

First Post
[sblock=occ] In the spirit of moving things along, I'll give until tomorrow to everyone to reply to your employer's outburst after which I'll assume you have nothing to add and send things over to the Dunn Wright Inn [/sblock]

SJRSamurai

First Post
With Nathan in the lead you make your way to the Dunn Wright Inn. Upon seeing you return with stacks of papers Marla catches on and directs you towards one of the rooms in the back, where you will be free to discuss privately.

[sblock=occ]when you guys are ready to discuss in the private room it will be here, in the mean time have fun in the inn [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
OOC: Okay, are we doing our planning in the Tavern thread, or in this thread? The tavern is pretty crowded at the moment.

SJRSamurai

First Post
[sblock=occ] The planning can be done here, but that shouldn't stop you guys from roleplaying in the tavern with the other if you wish, especially now that it's full you guys can have fun interacting with the others for a few days before we jump back in the adventure [/sblock]

Remove ads