• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Howling Night: Temple of Hinotheus

SJRSamurai

First Post
[sblock=occ] I'm waiting on Polterghost to catch up, I'll answer Tahn tomorrow afternoon, giving you that much time to post Polter! [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily's stomach lets out a very audible growl. He sighs and looks longingly at the pouch containing the half-cooked rats, and then to the door to the main room and the hearth, and then to the people shuffling through stacks of papers, and then to his pouch again.

OOC: I wouldn't mind going in to the main room to cause problems if it's going to be a while longer.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily's stomach growls again, very loudly. He stands up. "Is time for squeak-food, I need. I wills being back soonly, then we goes to get priest-cubs, yes?"

He heads out into the main room.

OOC: Wandering out to go RP. Give a yell when we're ready to go.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] But then again it would probably totally be in character for Daylily to "over pledge" himself and join in the other game that is brewing.

It would give them the martial bent they need and we would still be at four. We could even get a fifth back from others (still a lot of characters not adventuring) whose games are over while we are still doing "paper work". Or go as we are.

But we are all in the inn and the job is still posted. Someone takes and heads to the temple then finds out they need to back track to the Inn. Typical of the way things work in my life. :p

What do you think SJRSamurai?? It would give some semblance of a living world. And totally be in character as I see it.

Also any other judges input would be welcomed as well as someone taking over the judge's responsibility for this game. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
OOC: Logistically, it works out better if I go with them -- they get a 1st level meatshield (HP-wise, anyway -- AC-wise, not so much), and you get some of the available second levels here, which was the original plan. However, it does require a bit of a reshuffle.

RP-wise Daylily, though, I disagree with you. Daylily takes the pledge very seriously. Personal honor and deference to elders are what keeps him from being chaotic. And on top of that, they're hunting for a house, which Daylily thinks are unnecessary and stupid. Not to mention, it's for someone who isn't strong enough to defend himself, and Daylily is a bit of a social Darwinist (which is why he's neutral and not good).

On the other hand, he does think of Nathan as spirit-talker/elder-in-training, so if Nathan wants to suggest that his destiny is elsewhere for the time being, he'd probably agree to that. But it would need a little finesse.

I'm fine with whichever way you guys want to play it, although Daylily will snark about it if you you send him house-hunting.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: On the other hand, he does think of Nathan as spirit-talker/elder-in-training, so if Nathan wants to suggest that his destiny is elsewhere for the time being, he'd probably agree to that. But it would need a little finesse.

I'm fine with whichever way you guys want to play it, although Daylily will snark about it if you you send him house-hunting.

OOC: I think HM's right and we're probably balanced enough without Daylily (Arcane caster, Divine caster, and two fighters--one specializing in ranged support). The 2nd levels at the inn certainly don't seem interested in jumping aboard the house-hunt; no idea if they'll want to glom onto this adventure more, or if they're just in whatever limbo the other 1st levels seem to be.

I may have a conflict of interests here, though, in that I'm getting a bit antsy to get going on my first GM venture before I lose the momentum. If everyone else is okay with the swap, I'll RP Nathan to do something to try to convince Daylily, but due to the aforementioned COI, I'll refrain from actually 'voting.' ;)

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan glances after Daylily as he wanders back into the common room for more food. He bites his lip and says, "Folks, I have a feeling at least some of this mission might take some undercover work, something our pungent friend might not be right for. When I was coming though the common room before, though, I think I heard someone asking for help who might have better use of him. If none of you object, I think it might do both groups better if I steered him that way?"

If no one objects, the sorcerer steels himself, then exits to the common room to speak with Daylily.

OOC: Okay, I'm sending Nathan into the regular Inn thread to start 'the talk' with Daylily. It'll probably take a bit of back and forth in any event, so I figure folks'll have until tomorrow to voice a strong objection if they think I'm hamstringing us. Our group goes from having three martial characters to two, while the other group goes from having no martial characters to at least having one. I think it's a net balance benefit, and if we really feel shorthanded, there are ostensibly several 2nd level folks in the inn we could try recruiting once we've made our plans.

ETA: ack! Had only skimmed our own thread. Sorry to hear about your injury, SJRSamurai! :( Feel better!

SJRSamurai

First Post
[sblock=occ] Taking Daylily away will probably hurt this group more than you realise, unless we can replace him but RP wise Daylily has already engaged himself to Marius and his church which he believes to be one of the great spirits of his home. I have no problem with this but it will require a replacement. [/sblock]

[sblock=Tahn] As you go over the papers you come to the conclusion that most of the new pesh trades seems centered around the brothel that your employer has mentionned. Further reading, you realise from the clergy men's reports that this new Pesh is a derivative of regular pesh and a type of dwarven drug mixed together with a plant that could only come from a dry and hot area. [/sblock]

Remove ads