• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Huge Cover Images from CNET article

Silverwave

First Post
Isn't a whole book (DM's) a lot of a job for only one guy (who also append to worked on all the two other books?)

What I mean is... I may fear for the quality of the DM's book content. :\

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Silverwave said:
Isn't a whole book (DM's) a lot of a job for only one guy (who also append to worked on all the two other books?)

What I mean is... I may fear for the quality of the DM's book content. :\

Well it can be that the one guy is the lead-developer or writer, with a whole body of developers under him.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Boarstorm said:
Interesting. Notice the subheader on the PHB?

"Arcane, Divine and Martial Heroes"

Does this mean that the PHB2 and 3 and 17 will be fully developed player's manuals instead of a few new classes and some optional rules like the 3.5 PHB2? As in, could I say, play a sorcerer from the PHB2 without ever needing to pick up the PHB?

Possibly, though I think the first are always a must. My guess is that further PHB's will have different subheaders, approaching a different set of topics. So PHB2 might be primal and psionic heroes, and PHB could be celestial and abyssal heroes (just making those up). In other words, each one has a theme based on power source.

My personal fave is the red dragon. That's one slick looking DMG.

catsclaw

First Post
Boarstorm said:
Does this mean that the PHB2 and 3 and 17 will be fully developed player's manuals instead of a few new classes and some optional rules like the 3.5 PHB2?
It looks that way. If they're devoting a lot more space to each individual class in the 4e PHB (right now each class gets, what, 2?) and they're almost immediately coming out with a Martial expansion, they aren't going to need a lot of space to expand on them. They will need a lot of space if they're adding another eight classes (possibly Barbarian, Druid, Bard, Sorcerer, Psion, Psychic Warrior, Monk, Ninja).
Boarstorm said:
As in, could I say, play a sorcerer from the PHB2 without ever needing to pick up the PHB?
That's not very likely. They've already said they don't want to waste book space reprinting what's already in the PHB, and I tend to agree that's a good idea.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads