• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (Humor) 5E is perfect for a Dragonball Z campaign!

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The more I think about it, the more uncanny it gets.

They always talk about training and gaining another level.
Raging class feature could be used for powering up.
Frenzied Rage = Going super Saiyan, with the level of exhaustion afterward.
Special abilites = spells. (i.e. energy darts are magic missile! Destructo Disk!)
Casting the spell in a higher slot = pushing your energy to its limits. (Kaioken X2!)
Twinned Spell Kamehameha!
Nebulous hp reprsenting skill and luck, not just meat. Nobody really gets hurt until they are at low levels of HP.
Goku uses Scry/Teleport all the time (instantaneous transmission)
Senzu Beans are healing potions.
Geni dragons grant wishes!
Monk Class!
Characters ascend to godhood.

It CAN be done! (The question is should it be done? :D )

Tormyr

Hero
One of my players wanted to play Vegeta and has a bear totem barbarian with +1 brass knuckles and took the magic initiate feat to get eldritch blast.

GreenTengu

Adventurer
Would there also be the rule that unless you are a saiyajin (or half or quarter saiyajin) then you max out at level 10?

And if you are a saiyajin and you are at a quarter HP, your level immediately doubles?

I guess it would explain why when a planet is about to blow up in 5 minutes, the hero and villain can spend 2 hours making constipated orgasm faces at each other while ranting and screaming complete nonsense garbage.... because talking is a free action that doesn't take any rounds.

Solandros

First Post
Don't forget Monks Way of the Sun Soul archetype from the SCAG, which literally gives ki blasts as your basic attacks at lvl 3 and has a freakin' spiritbomb at lvl 11 xD

Remove ads