• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[humor] Criticalmiss Internet Magazine !

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Rashak Mani said:

I'm here! I'm not late am I?

[Bounds eagerly into the room, only to find that everyone else left two years ago]

Yes, I have been with the newly acquired - for me - (ego)search function.

:)

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
Incredible is that these things have been written quite a while ago... they update once a year it seems !! :)

Well at the risk of engaging in thread necromancy... twice, I do have an announcement. (I have also submitted it for the front page news section, but I'm pretty sure that the powers-that-be will rightly conclude that an obscure would-be writer and sometime fanzine editor shamelessly whoring for attention and general ego-stroking does not, in any way, constitute "news", even on a quiet day). :)

Anyway, the announcement is that I'm currently planning on doing another Critical Miss, sometime. Hopefully. And that I'm asking everyone to do a comment on my blog asking me to do another issue, both to give me a motivation to get on with it and a fear of what everyone will do to me if I don't.

Press release giving details here.

And I've even done a banner graphic which I'm asking people to put on the blogs, web pages, and forums:

Yeah, I'm afraid that I wasn't actually joking when I said: "shamelessly whoring for attention and general ego-stroking." I really am that sad. :)

MonsterMash

First Post
Extreme thread necromancy.

A new Critical Miss would be welcome, especially if it can reach the peaks of James Wallis ruined my life...

If I make threats I may be in a position to carry them out after all London isn't that big a city!
:p

Jonny Nexus

First Post
MonsterMash said:
Extreme thread necromancy.

Erm. Yes.

I'm a bit relieved you replied actually. I was starting to feel like a man who's run naked through his local bar shouting, "Look at me everyone!" because he thought they'd all think he was wild and whacky and cheer - but instead found that they all just looked up, saw him naked... and then went back to their drinks. :)

MonsterMash said:
A new Critical Miss would be welcome, especially if it can reach the peaks of James Wallis ruined my life...

Well I've thought of one (I think) cool idea so far.

MonsterMash said:
If I make threats I may be in a position to carry them out after all London isn't that big a city!
:p

[Looks left, looks right] :)

Paragon Kobold

First Post
YES! I want more Critical Miss! Critical Miss is the best thing since sliced bread!
(However, a critical miss while slicing bread is not good at all. Odd. )

Hitokiri

First Post
Weird, I just swung by to see if there had ever been any more critical miss 'zines published after 9 a few days ago and figured it was dead and done with when I saw there hadn't been. Hope to be reading more soon then.

Oh, not that I have any specific ideas, but do you (or will you) take submissions for articles?

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Hitokiri said:
Weird, I just swung by to see if there had ever been any more critical miss 'zines published after 9 a few days ago and figured it was dead and done with when I saw there hadn't been. Hope to be reading more soon then.

Oh, not that I have any specific ideas, but do you (or will you) take submissions for articles?

Possibly, but I want to hold fire on that for the moment. Reasons are:

a) I want the main chunk (at least 50%) of the magazine to be stuff written by me. Reasons for this are:

i) At the risk of sounding arrogant, I think that it is my style of humour that has (for good or bad) made CM what it is, and I don't want to risk diluting it (although I should stress that there have been many very, very good articles by outside people in CM's history);

ii) I'm doing this because I feel like doing CM again, and it's the writing I find fun not the editing (which can sometimes be more time consuming than the writing, and which also involves telling people I don't think their work is good enough, which always depresses me).

b) I don't know how long it will be before I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to publish, and until I'm a bit closer to that point I don't want to have people spending their time writing stuff.

Remove ads