• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Humorous descriptions for skill failures/successes

tanis

First Post
critcal fumble on attack roll with heavy crossbow

the bolt bounces off the wall and hit your friend in the groin... well he is not going to have kids anytime soon :D

Funeris

First Post
Decipher Script skill failure: You roll a...1, the ten pages of draconic script you now hold in your hands is a very, very detailed grocery list for a vegan dragon.

tanis

First Post
a triple critical on a unarmed kick on a gnoll with 5 health who is about to kill your friend

you run jump off the wal double barrel roll/ triple front flip and kick the guy in the head while it seprates from the body in instint you have whip daggers out and the head is chopped in half :D

Babylon Knight

First Post
Um, interesting...i've never heard of decapitations outside of Vorpal effects, but there was a time when my mage shot a Fireball through an arrow slit in this siege against a castle and ended up roasting the company of guards that were there.

tanis

First Post
Babylon Knight said:
Um, interesting...i've never heard of decapitations outside of Vorpal effects, but there was a time when my mage shot a Fireball through an arrow slit in this siege against a castle and ended up roasting the company of guards that were there.
gruesome...cooooool
got to go ;)

shilsen

Adventurer
Regularly occurs in our game:

Roll of 1 on a Spot check: "I'm blind, BLIIIIINNNDD!!!" (that was from the PC, not the DM)

On one instance, a half-dragon fighter tries to jump heroically through a window with thin wooden shutters. I told the player to roll to see if he beaks through, saying a 3 or higher will do it. So he promptly rolls a 1 and the other PCs watch in amusement as he throws himself face-first into the window and slowly slides off it.

Remove ads