• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hybrid Character Playtest

keterys

First Post
Most of what he did had nothing to do with fighter, but with cleric... I mean, the marking, sure. But the RRoT he probably already had and is just waiting for the nerf bat anyhow, the AV masterwork weapon gave him the extra damage spike, etc.

Stalker0

Legend
Most of what he did had nothing to do with fighter, but with cleric... I mean, the marking, sure. But the RRoT he probably already had and is just waiting for the nerf bat anyhow, the AV masterwork weapon gave him the extra damage spike, etc.

RROT is flat out broken, any argument on balance based on a build with that feat is invalid as far as I'm concerned:)

keterys

First Post
A feat (to pay for hybrid talent) and they don't deal sorcerer bonus damage on the non-sorcerer powers they're forced to take?

But yeah, looks like a particularly good deal.

corwyn77

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm hashing over converting my drow artful dodger into a hybrid wild sorceror. I'll take a bit of a damage hit (chaos bolt doesn't really compare to sly flourish, but maybe the encounter/dailies will make up for it) but it looks like more fun (teleports, thunder leap). And daggermaster carries over quite nicely unless it's errata'd. And it makes for the very rare occasion where I can't get CA.

Eldorian

First Post
A question. What does a sorcerer lose if they are a hybrid and take the hybrid talent for spell power?

You should report this to Wizards. Also, need to probably report the ranger/rogue gaining hunter's quarry and sneak attack every round.

Vael

Legend
A pure Sorcerer can apply his damage bonus to any Arcane power ... allowing him to multiclass into other Arcane classes and retain his damage bonus, hybrid Sorcs cannot.

Eldorian

First Post
A hybrid rogue / sorcerer sounds a lot of fun, though, I'll say that.

Playing a sorcerer with rogue multiclass right now, going to remake him as a sorcerer rogue hybrid and play him next session, see if it's broken.

Also, Dragonborn Sorcerer Paladin hybrid is pretty sweet.

legiondevil

First Post

Honestly, I never even paid it much mind until he picked up a 3W power. Now he feels like he's actually making an impact in combats.

Remove ads