• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hybrid defenders and marking

Nullzone

Explorer
Ok, I already know stuff like in order to mark as a hybrid Fighter, you have to use a Fighter power. But if you hybridize two defender classes like a Fighter and Battlemind, can you enforce your Fighter marks with Mind Spike? My read says yes, but wanted to get opinions...

If so/not, are there any outlying cases where the opposite is true?

tiornys

Explorer
In cases where the enforcement is separate from your mark, it doesn't matter where the mark comes from. The Fighter, Warden, and Battlemind all fit here. In cases where the enforcement is tied to the mark, you only get the enforcement if you used the appropriate power. Paladins and Swordmages work this way. Just remember that you're limited to one immediate action per round, so you usually won't be able to apply multiple enforcement mechanisms.

t~

Aulirophile

First Post
Though at Epic you can take the additional Immediate feat twice (the Rapid series of feats). Once for each class. Then you can enforce your Mark 3x per round.

Ajar

Explorer
My Swordmage|Warden hybrid plays exactly as tiornys describes. In order to use my aegis of ensnarement effect on an enemy, I have to have specifically marked them with my aegis, not via the Warden mechanic.

On the flip side, I can use Warden enforcement mechanics against anyone I mark, including my aegis target(s), because the Warden enforcement mechanics are separate from the Warden marking mechanics.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads