• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Am Legend [spoilers]

Dire Bare

Legend
jaerdaph said:
Well, I have to see it because I'm a non-credited extra with no lines in this (I played a vampire zombie in a scene filmed at night in a cemetary). :cool:

Hopefully, I'm not on the cutting room floor (or the scene). A friend and I answered a casting call for this on a whim. It was last February some time I believe, but I do remember the weather here in NYC was in the single digits so the cast and crew took to calling the movie "I am FROZEN". :D
That's so totally cool. I've been a noncredited, nonspeaking extra before too . . . . but not on anything cool like a scifi flick!

Hope you had fun despite the cold, and I hope you weren't cut!

Steel_Wind

Legend
(He was cut)

I enjoyed the movie. It left me with a nagging bit of "depressing as hell" feeling after it ended - but it was still a *good* movie.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Dire Bare said:
Hope you had fun despite the cold, and I hope you weren't cut!

It was a lot of fun, but I wouldn't be quitting my day job any time soon. :) Wil Smith puts out a good spread - the food alone made up for the sub freezing temperatures.

frankthedm

First Post
jaerdaph said:
It was a lot of fun, but I wouldn't be quitting my day job any time soon. :) Wil Smith puts out a good spread - the food alone made up for the sub freezing temperatures.
Hmm, how the heck does he stay thin?

We just got home. I enjoyed the movie VERY MUCH. Will Smith did an excellent job. The scene where he's yelling at Frank is absolutely terrifying. Being that alone makes you crazy, man.

My only complaint is that I wish we would have been introduced to Anna and Ethan (those were their names, right?) earlier in the flick... had we seen them tuning into the AM broadcast or traveling to NYC or on their Red Cross ship... I just feel like their arrival would have seemed less out of place. It took me a while to believe that they weren't hallucinations because they arrived so abruptly.

Also - the Dark Knight trailer before the movie... I would have paid my $7 just to see that. *giddy giggle*

TogaMario

First Post
Just got back from seeing it with a friend, and it was pretty good. I haven't read the book, so I went into it without knowing anything but the keywords "Will Smith, Dog, NY ... Unfriendlies". I was pleasantly surprised to find almost no soundtrack (except Bob Marley), and great cinematography. And the Batman trailer was quite worth it, as well.

They would've been much luckier if it had been rabies. No vaccination would give the "dark seekers" a few months to live, maybe?

Some interesting things that I thought about whilest watching:

1.) What if one of the lions had gotten infected? It already moves crazy fast and kills well. Just saying, they would've made great infectious beasties.

2.) Who the heck set the trap for him with the mannequin and all? The film shows that the dark-seekers aren't brainless, but a lot of them seem to be fairly stupid / not capable of planning. Maybe that's why there was a leader. But wait, they wouldn't listen to Will Smith about his curing abilities, but they listen to the boss-with-brains?

3.) For a man with all the military training and daily exercise, he sure does wimp out while he's dangling from a rope. Oh, and the knife in the leg? Really, man, can't walk because of a knife in your leg?

4.) The guy hasn't seen a woman in 3 years (that doesn't look like Sinead O'Connor with blight) ... the first thing you do is yell at her?! Nono, Will Smith, nono.

5.) I got almost all the way to the end of the movie before I realized that he put the chick mannequin in the adult section of the DVD store. Classy :)

Darkwolf71

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
My only complaint is that I wish we would have been introduced to Anna and Ethan (those were their names, right?) earlier in the flick... had we seen them tuning into the AM broadcast or traveling to NYC or on their Red Cross ship... I just feel like their arrival would have seemed less out of place. It took me a while to believe that they weren't hallucinations because they arrived so abruptly.
Well, in the book there is a whole nother angle about some of the infected not being completely taken over by the vampirism. They are trying to rebuild society, but Neville is killing them, as well as the 'true' vampires. The woman in the book ends up being a spy sent by them. So... the fact that she was immune was quite a shocker for those who have read the original. (Or seen the previous movies for that matter.) Also, introducing them earlier would have spoiled the ending that 'The last man on earth'... wasn't. >.<

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I enjoyed the movie more than I thought and yes it is not the book, did not think it would be.

I think Will's character was crazy from the get go, he did not snap out of it until the end.

Now, he really needed to defend his home better, wall of tanning beds would have been better than what he had! He also did not have an escape plan, he needed to find an M113 Armored Personnel Carrier!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads