• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I am looking for some cities.

borc killer

First Post
5 or so years ago I bought Seven Cities from Atlas and liked it. Used all of the towns/cities and liked the format a lot. But have yet to find anything else like it…

DMG2 has one (which is really well done) but I would like a book of a lot of little towns and small cities. I thought Cityscape was going to help out with this but it has not.

Are there any PDFs or in print d20 books that have ‘fleshed out’ cities?

The Lost Muse

First Post
You might enjoy Redhurst: Academy of Magic, the Village of Briarton, or Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (seriously, Homlett is described in a fair amount of detail, and you should be able to get it pretty cheap).

SavageRobby

First Post
Off the top of my head there is also the City of the Invincible Overlord, and Castle Zagyg (C&C) has the city Yggsburgh that could be converted easily enough. There is also Lankhmar, and I believe a bunch of city supplements for Conan.

roguerouge

First Post
Dungeon Crawl Classics 0 has a fairly well-detailed village with easy to role play citizens. (And an unusual number of promising young'uns!)

Mark Hope

Adventurer
You might also want to check out the 2e supplement City Sites. It's pretty much rules-free, so can slot right into any other edition. It doesn't contain a full city, but instead has several locations from a city well-detailed and fleshed out with interesting hooks, backgrounds and NPCs. You might use that to add detail to the stuff presented in Cityscape, for example (or any other urban area that you choose to use). Highly recommended and available as a $4.95 pdf at DrivethruRPG. (Its sister products Castle Sites and Country Sites are also very good too, btw...)

Stormborn

Explorer
Eberron's Sharn, which has the benifit of regular web based plot hooks via the Sharn Inquisative over at wizard's site.
Sumberton in Shatteredgates of Slaughterguard actually has a very nice list of places, people, and maps. Maybe not enough for you to buy the adventure if you dont want it, but something to check out if you need a "normal" DnD city and its suroundings.
Five Fingers from Privateer Press

EDIT: Forgot Waterdeep for FR. So thats two WotC books devoted to a single city that I know of.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads