• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I am stumped & need help with lvl 20 character

ONINOTAKI18

First Post
Hi everyone I am a long time lurker, 1st time poster and I need some help making a character for a long running campaign that I am returning too after a 4 month break.

The character needs to be level 20
For everyone I am now currently looking at the following build
Human 6 Scout/4 Assassin/10 Greenstar Adept

25 point buy
Str:8(base)+6(greenstar)+6(belt of magnificence +6)=20
Con:8(base) reduced to nothing by Greenstar Adept=-
Dex:16(base)-3(greenstar adept)+2(stat increase)+6(BoM)+5(manual)=26
Int:17(base)+3(stat increase)+6(BoM)=26
Wis:10(base)+6(BoM)=16
Chr:8(base)+6(BoM)=14

BAB: +14
Fort: +6
Ref: +12(base)+8(stat bonus)=+20
Will: +10(base)+3(stat bonus)=+13

Feats:
Education(human bonus feat)
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Improved Toughness
Improved Skirmish (scout bonus feat)
Quick Draw
Able Learner
Combat Casting

1 free feat(maybe combat expertise?)
I am really thinking of trying to fit duel wand wielder in there somehow.....

Hp=30(Scout)+16(Assassin)+50(Greenstar Adept)+20(medium construct)+20(Improved Tougness) total=136

Any further advice on feats, skill tricks, and magic items would be fantastic

Last edited:

FalcWP

Explorer
Education is the feat for you, from the Eberron Campaign Setting (and possibly other sources). Makes all knowledge skills class skills.

Also, in your pros and cons... there is almost no difference between 140 hp and 135 hp. So, neither is really important.

One thing you'll probably want for the Scout/Assassin build is Improved Skirmish, to make your skirmish attacks even more deadly. You might also check with your DM to see if the Swift Ambusher feat, which is designed for Scout and Rogue levels to work together, could be allowed for Scout and Assassin levels instead. Both of those are in Complete Scoundrel.

Korak

First Post
Human, Hexblade 5, Bbn 1, Dragon Disciple 4, GSA 10.

Starting stats: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14... level ups (all 5 into str)

Stats at 20 assuming +6str and cha item, +4dex item, and +5str tome...

Str 40
Dex 15
Con -
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 20

Feats:
Power Attack (human), Cleave (1), Weapon Focus [Greatclub] (3), Combat Casting (Hexblade5), Improved Bull Rush (6), Extra Rage (9), Three Mountains (12), Shock Trooper (15), Improved Toughness (18)

You will have 160hp, 16BA for full iterative attacks as well as 4 natural attacks (2 of which will still be available while the greatclub is in your hands), 8 natural armor... and wear mithril fullplate + animated shield... AC in the 40s with no problem, 50s if you devote resources to it. You should have no problem moving your hit bonus into the mid to upper 30s with weapon enhancement and party buffs... power attack to taste. You can hit like a truck. Your enemies will know it.. for the 2 or 3 rounds they are still alive. Throw some cash into repair wands and pass them off to the wizards.

Charisma to saves vs spells and spell like abilities, 2d8 breath weapon, mettle, immunity to crits and sneak attack... those are the highlights.

Last edited:

EyeontheMountain

First Post
For a simpler build go:

Scout 9/Sorceror 1/GSA 10.

Or actually anything 9/Sorc 1/GSA 1 to get you the ability to repair yourself. Make sure you take repair at first level (won't really need it at higher levels unless you want to cast it in combat, which you probably don't) so you can spend all spell slots on it if necessary.

ONINOTAKI18

First Post
@Korak thats a nasty build, problem is my last character was super dragon heavy and I am trying to avoid anything draconic with this guy, in addition I dont have complete warrior personally so I ruled out hex blade and forgot to mention it.

@Eyeon the Mountain I really thought about just grabbing a level of sorceror or wizard but I have to admit that I am really fascinated with how the greenstar adept finishes out the entire assassin spell progression.

@FalcWP thank you very much for the feat, I looked through that book twice and completely missed it.

*build moved to the 1st post*

Last edited:

szilard

First Post
Can you use the Human Paragon class from Unearthed Arcana?

If so, a single level (in place of one of the scout levels) will give you Knowledge (Arcana) as a class skill forever - eliminating the need to take the Education feat.

Three levels might not be a bad deal either. Scout 4/Assassin 3/Human Paragon 3/Green Star Adept 10 will still max out Assassin spell progression and would improve your ability scores and give you an extra feat, but you'd take a hit in class abilities. I probably wouldn't do it, though it is vaguely tempting.

-Stuart

ONINOTAKI18

First Post
szilard said:
Can you use the Human Paragon class from Unearthed Arcana?

If so, a single level (in place of one of the scout levels) will give you Knowledge (Arcana) as a class skill forever - eliminating the need to take the Education feat.

Three levels might not be a bad deal either. Scout 4/Assassin 3/Human Paragon 3/Green Star Adept 10 will still max out Assassin spell progression and would improve your ability scores and give you an extra feat, but you'd take a hit in class abilities. I probably wouldn't do it, though it is vaguely tempting.

-Stuart

hmm how many levels in total is human paragon? What can you tell me about the class that makes it seem like an interesting option? The only person that has unearther arcana is the DM so i know I can use it, I just dont know anything about it.

freefall

First Post
ONINOTAKI18 said:
Dex:17(base)-3(greenstar adept)+1(stat increase)+6(BoM)+5(manual)=26
Int:14(base)+4(stat increase)+6(BoM)=24
Any reason you are not starting with an int of 17 and using one stat increasefor int,
starting with a dex of 14 and using 4 stat bumps for dex, to get an additional bunch of skill points?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads