"I choose you, .22!"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Not only a looming display of bad sportsmanship, but also a lack of research into the diversity of gun laws in the various states around the country.

The duo drove 25 hours to reach the convention -- from Iowa. (<-- link to the Boston Herald)

The two men (ages 18 and 27 -- hooray for multiples of 9?) may not have known that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US; the article says ". . . Judge Lisa Grant ordered a stunned-looking Norton and Stumbo held. . . ." (emphasis added)

It seems that the two men did not have the guns on them when trying to enter the convention, but did cooperate with the police, even to the point of telling the police which car was theirs. That doesn't sound like an attempted shooting to me; it sounds like mere, ubiquitous human stupidity -- at least with regard to research into out-of-state gun laws.

was

Adventurer
Unfortunately, given the number of incidents observed at my local FLGS with Pokemon players exhibiting poor judgement I was not at all surprised by this article.

was

Adventurer
But are not most of those children?

Suprisingly, no. The ones that stand out in my mind involved people in their late teens to early 30's. However, these may not be the majority of incidents IRL. I tend to take less notice when young children act childish.

Last edited:

was

Adventurer
Wow...quality pics in that article. I think that I may have seen those two before. I used to play rpgs at the store in Ames, about 2 years ago, where these two would have played their local tourneys/events. I also know the owner of the FLGS there. I hope that he doesn't get any fall out from this. Creepy.:-S

tuxgeo

Adventurer
September 1 update, from the dangerousness hearing:

Both men are to be held without bail for about 4 months pending trial on charges of illegal possession of guns and ammunition, per Massachusetts law.

Stumbo's lawyer, Goldwyn, plans to file for dismissal. The hearing on the motion is scheduled for Sept. 24.

The investigation into the nature of the question of "cyberbullying" or "mass casualty" is ongoing.

Remove ads