• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I could have sworn Quarterstaves had a range of 2?

Minifig

First Post

cpendlet

First Post
They did not have reach in previous editions either (2nd or 3rd at any rate). Are you getting the quarterstaff mixed up with the Longspear (which does have reach)?

Minifig

First Post
While it doesn't have reach normally ... staff expertise gives it reach (in addition to a bonus to hit, and also helps when using it as an implement.)

Aha!

Thank you! That's where I get +1 Reach. Is there any additional feat I can get to get another +1 reach so I might be able to reach over my bear?

WalterKovacs

First Post
Aha!

Thank you! That's where I get +1 Reach. Is there any additional feat I can get to get another +1 reach so I might be able to reach over my bear?

If you are a Sentinel Summer Druid (who gets his own bear) you get another +1 reach at level 13. If you get to epic, there is a defender based epic destiny that increases reach.

How large is your bear? If it's from the ranger or sentinel druid classes it's medium, and you only need reach 1 to attack over it.

Minifig

First Post
How large is your bear? If it's from the ranger or sentinel druid classes it's medium, and you only need reach 1 to attack over it.

Really!? Sweet! :D That means I can put my bear in front of me and beat stuff over him. :D

Thanks.

If you are a Sentinel Summer Druid (who gets his own bear) you get another +1 reach at level 13.

I think I need to focus on getting to 13 first.. :heh:

Our DM is doing his best to try and kill us.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I would recommend purchasing and reading the books that cover the classes that you wish to play. I can not stress how much actually reading the books helps someone understanding the game.

Remove ads