• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Googled D&D in Images...

Scribble

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
So if my sword is sundered by the evil Blackguard, they get me a new one? Or do they pay for the True Res?

I mean, that's life insurance like you'd get it in D&D: "If you die, we bring you back!". Of course, there'd be different services: Raise dead, Resurrection, True Res. And animate dead if you don't pay your bills. :]

I wonder how much that would cost for an adventurer per month. For an NPC? Named one? Unnamed one? "How far away is the next encounter site, mister Generic Baker?"

Man, if they don't offer it, I'm sure Lloyd's of London would... They are the ones that offer Alien Abduction insurance, and struck by a meteor (or is that meteorite?) insurance...

Ambrus

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
From what I've read, the issue is that many younger people from that part of Canada move away, leaving the older residents behind.
Mea culpa. What can I say, my home town feels like a retirement community. I could count those willing to play D&D on one hand... :(
kenobi65 said:
And, I would imagine that most of the people in your grandma's social circle are older to begin with, so it's not surprising that she knows all these people who've passed away.
Doesn't everyone's grandmother do this?!?

kenobi65 said:
It's perfectly natural, just so long as D&D Removal Services isn't delivering the bodies of deceased Nova Scotians to a necromancer. :)
WHO TOLD Y... I mean... What a silly rumor. :heh:

Wik

First Post
kenobi65 said:
From what I've read, the issue is that many younger people from that part of Canada move away, leaving the older residents behind. And, the older you are, the more likely you are to die.

And, I would imagine that most of the people in your grandma's social circle are older to begin with, so it's not surprising that she knows all these people who've passed away.

It's perfectly natural, just so long as D&D Removal Services isn't delivering the bodies of deceased Nova Scotians to a necromancer. :)

Except her "list of the dead" are either people my mom went to school with (she's in her late forties), or CHILDREN of people she went to school with. I know it's just fluke luck, but we kind of joke that if you live in New Brunswick... you won't be, for long.

:)

Chiaroscuro23

First Post
I always get a kick out of businesses with names like "NPC Software Consulting." It's like they've acknowledged that they're not the main characters in the game of life.

Scribble

First Post
Wik said:
Except her "list of the dead" are either people my mom went to school with (she's in her late forties), or CHILDREN of people she went to school with. I know it's just fluke luck, but we kind of joke that if you live in New Brunswick... you won't be, for long.

:)

The only solution I see to this problem is to destroy your mother. :lol:

Remove ads