• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I got BUSTED!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Family said:
First there are multiple posters on this account (hence "Family") but that's going to stop

Will we be able to tell? ;)

Family said:
EDIT:Yes I know that I wrote "forknowledge" above but I think it's hip so I'm leaving it as is.

Fork-Now-Ledge is a feat in the old d20 MacGuyver game. :D

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Grazzt said:
One also shouldn't say "it was my [insert other family member here] on my account". That happens a lot on online first person shooters when someone's busted cheating. :)
Look at the Customer Service forum for World of Warcraft. That excuse crops up in every other thread.

Personally I think you got off lightly. There are a number of tricks a DM can do if players decide to cheat and read the adventure beforehand.

Olaf the Stout

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Look at the Customer Service forum for World of Warcraft. That excuse crops up in every other thread.

:) used to pop up quite a bit on the old Call of Duty server messageboards I haunted for a long time as well.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Grazzt said:
One also shouldn't say "it was my [insert other family member here] on my account". That happens a lot on online first person shooters when someone's busted cheating. :)

Based on the posting pattern of the "Family" account, I'm inclinded to believe that it actually is a family account.

Maldor

First Post
i don't even consider this cheating i read books because i like to sometimes i'm looking something up or browsing for a character idea or just bored i'll read anything D&D i can lay a hand on but i would most likely tell the DM i had read the thing once i found out we were playing it.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
jdrakeh said:
Based on the posting pattern of the "Family" account, I'm inclinded to believe that it actually is a family account.

Either that or he has multi personality disorder which I think would actually make for an interesting campaign.

Family

First Post
The first rule of Game Night is...

penguin2.jpg

Kzach

Banned
Banned
OMGNOES!

He looked at teh bookz!

Seriously, how is this a big deal?

Any DM worth their salt is going to change things up in a module anyway. Hell, I *expect* most players to read through a module if I'm running it. Half the fun of DM'ing is seeing them go, "Wtf? That wasn't in the module!"

Remove ads