• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E I hate Paizo!

Treebore

First Post
Whoa. That's more than I expected. What do you usually get in one month?

?Hunter is right, there are 8 total subscriptions. However they do not all come out monthly, or even bi monthly. Which is why I say the average is $60. However, you can get nailed with well over $100 in one month every once in a while.

I do not subscribe to everything. I subscribe to 4 things, the Chronicles, the maps, Pathfinder, and Pathfinder the RPG. Which are the biggest ticket items, price wise. With mine I have been hit for $60 to $70 on the months when the Pathfinder RPG and Bestiary came out. However, that will be changing in a few months to 7 months. After the KingFinder series I will be canceling that sub. Which I kind of regret because I have been a subscriber since issue one. I don't really want to stop it either, its just a decision I have made on cold hard logic. I will also be stopping my Pathfinder sub after the DMG equivalent book comes out. Like I said, I do not play, or intend to play Pathfinder, so I have decided that the awesome ideas I will see in this book will be the last I buy.

I do intend on replacing these subs with the card subscription though. Ever since we got serious about using the cards to "equip" our characters its just been too cool and too fun to change out their looks. Kind of like playing "dress up" with cards. Since they have a lot of cards with a lot of different looks, and will start doing NPC portraits, I see them as becoming very useful.

Paizo just puts out too much cool stuff to use.

Skytheen

Explorer
I do not subscribe to everything. I subscribe to 4 things, the Chronicles, the maps, Pathfinder, and Pathfinder the RPG.
This is great info. Thank you. So, for your 4 item subscription... how much do you usually pay a month for that (if you don't mind me askin)? It seems that would probably be one of the more common subscription combinations.

Sylrae

First Post
Okay.

Here's a cost breakdown.

Code:
Pathfinder Chronicles           20$ /1 Month
Pathfinder Adventure Path    20$ /1 Month
Pathfinder Companion          11$ /2 Months
Pathfinder RPG                   40$ /4 Months
So if you were to order all 4;

You're looking at 55.5$/month average, but in any given month youll pay any of 40$ , 51$, 80$, 91$. Those are the possibilities.

this isnt taking into account the odd time they release 2 of the same title in a month, which are often cheaper, such as the occasional map release that's like 10$, or the DM Screen thats like 15.

Personally I see Paizo growing huge because of PFRPG.
-They're known for Dragon mag by anyone who was around pre-4e.
-They put out material that visually rivals 4e (most publishers cant do this, good art is expensive, as is color printing unless you can do large quantities.)
-It doesn't play like a videogame.
-They fixed some of the things WotC did wrong in 3.5e.

Do I think they fixed everything that needed fixing? no, but they fixed a bunch of it.

Multiclass casters still fall flat on their faces, and some of the spells are still overpowered. I'm glad they dropped LA, it never worked right anyways.

Anyways, Paizo has my support. *two thumbs up*

Kodyax

First Post
Well if ya do everything, most dont. They have a total of 8 subscriptions your can get

1.Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscription {30% off cover price}+ Free pdf
2.Pathfinder Chronicles Subscription+ free pdf
3.Pathfinder Companion Subscription+ free pdf
4.Pathfinder Modules Subscription+ free pdf
5.GameMastery Cards Subscription [20%off]
6.GameMastery Maps Subscription [20% cover price]
7.Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscription+free pdf
8.Planet Stories Subscription [[30%off cover price]

As I said most do not get everything

Right now of the above 8 I have 1 and 3. As a subscriber to Dragon and Dungeon and the fact I was getting ready to renew both when WotC yanked them from Paizo I signed up for the APs from the beginning. If I can get local gamers I will run them through what I have as I work on a full world to set up and run. Although I will borrow heavily from the assorted bestiaries of the various paths.

Papa-DRB

First Post
Well, I had 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 at one point but since I am retiring on 12/31/2009, I have cut my subscriptions down to just #1. With the discount, it works out that I get the Adventure Path *AND* the PDF cheaper than going to the local hobby shop and picking up just the book (even after shipping costs, as the discount is about 50 cents more than the shipping).

-- david
Papa.DRB

Oh, and I will restart #7 when I can obtain the Gamemastery guide (didn't want the GM screen!).

1.Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscription {30% off cover price}+ Free pdf
2.Pathfinder Chronicles Subscription+ free pdf
3.Pathfinder Companion Subscription+ free pdf
4.Pathfinder Modules Subscription+ free pdf
5.GameMastery Cards Subscription [20%off]
6.GameMastery Maps Subscription [20% cover price]
7.Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscription+free pdf
8.Planet Stories Subscription [[30%off cover price]

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Personally I see Paizo growing huge because of PFRPG.
-They're known for Dragon mag by anyone who was around pre-4e.
-They put out material that visually rivals 4e (most publishers cant do this, good art is expensive, as is color printing unless you can do large quantities.)
-It doesn't play like a videogame.
-They fixed some of the things WotC did wrong in 3.5e.

Plus they are really really nice to their 3rd party publishers.

Sigurd

First Post
I appreciate your devotion and wit with this thread but I cant help thinking...

Since you started it possibly ten thousand people passed by a message that said "I hate Paizo" and never looked any further. They might never know your real feelings to go out and buy any Paizo product(s). I'd say that's a not the message you really want to send.

just thinking,

On the other hand you have a lot of thread hits. eh?

Sigurd

Treebore

First Post
I appreciate your devotion and wit with this thread but I cant help thinking...

Since you started it possibly ten thousand people passed by a message that said "I hate Paizo" and never looked any further. They might never know your real feelings to go out and buy any Paizo product(s). I'd say that's a not the message you really want to send.

just thinking,

On the other hand you have a lot of thread hits. eh?

Sigurd

I think the ones who don't read this thread are Paizo fans and don't want to hear gripes about their favorite company. With obvious exceptions since everyone who has responded seems to already like Paizo, or are interested.

Plus, I am in the Paizo thread, so most who even see this already came to this forum because they are already interested in Paizo. So I doubt my thread title hurts Paizo in any way. Definitely not with people who are interested in PAizo to begin with.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads