• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I hate WoTC

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Could you be trolling any worse if you tried?

Come on, NeoPets is no more gambling than D&D is contacting Satan himself. Of course, you may think it is, given how quick you are to judge. Heaven's forbid that WotC wants to promote something popular, and even *gasp* make money! I mean, they're a business, how dare they think about profits! Them and all those other evil, evil corporations such as Kellogg's, General Mills, Disney, Warner Bros., Kraft Foods, and even Hersheys, that have allied with the great evil that is NeoPets.

I swear, sometimes it seems like people are looking for any reason to badmouth WotC, even if it means making up reasons to be upset. :mad:

ascendance

First Post
You mean betting points on games of chance like roulette wheels, blackjack, and slots isn't gambling? Okay, its a pretty good facsimile of gambling.

Wow. The great evil of Neopets has grown since I was there.

Krug

Newshound
They're a business.

Dunno about neopets but if you feel they're a bad influence you're in the wrong forums Bud. ;)

Darrin Drader

Explorer
First of all, I personally have NOTHING AGAINST GAMBLING. Thanks to a lucky pull of the lever many years ago, myself and my then fiance (now my wife) were able to pay rent for a month. And no, I do not mean to get into a moral debate about this. Any rebuttals to my point of view will not be replied to by me....

Yes, I'm feeling like a bit of a grump at the moment. I'm working on revisions!

Now then, can someone please explain to me how participating in Magic: the Gathering tournaments is not like gambling? If its not so different than gambling, then how is the Neopets license any different than what they've always done: getting people hooked on top quality products and trying to get them to buy more?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Baraendur said:
First of all, I personally have NOTHING AGAINST GAMBLING.

I, personally, have nothing against gambling... though I don't gamble (for reasons of average expected gain).

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, though.

Paul_Klein

Explorer
Yeah Ascendance!

I'm with ya dude!

First they teach kids to worship the devil by releasing "Dungeons & Dragons", and now this!?!?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Drawmack

First Post
Let me get this straight if you find one product that a company makes which you don't like you boycot that entire company. Kewl, let's see how miserable I can make your life:

Phillip Morris (Altria Group Inc.) Owns: Kraft Foods (Jell-o, maxwell house, DiGiorno, Oreo, Gevalia, Tang, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Oscar Myer)

Ford Owns: Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Land-Rover and Aston Martin

GM Owns: Buick, Cadillac, EV1, GMC, Holden, Fiat, Fuji/Subaru, Isuzu, HUMMER, Oldmobile, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vauxhall

I could go on but I think you get the point.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads