• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have a character with a great backstory but no stuff.

IamTheTest

First Post
It's the first time this has ever happened to me. I made a elf sorc12 with a pretty good backstory for an upcoming LG(ish) campaign but I have no idea what to equip him with. He's a LG follower of Bahamut with a LG paladin of Bahamut cohort and a young silver dragon cohort. Ive got 88k in cash to play with but I have never played at this high a level before. I dont know what to expect or where to start. I tried to give him a good mix of battlefield control, utility, and blasting damagey spells...but equipment is boggling me. Help?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Mithril chainmail is a nice start.

A +1 adamantine staff is another with 2 +2 silvered daggers.

Rings of protections are always nice.

Some scrolls, a few wands, and probably at least one amulet.

IamTheTest

First Post
Thanks for the quick response. Is it wrong that Im overly concerned with arcane spell failure? Should I not be? I just dont want to get into a position where I really need a spell and I roll a 9%.

Particle_Man

Explorer
If you are a sorceror and are so "Good", why not go all the way to Exalted and take Vow of Poverty? Then you don't have to worry about stuff beyond your spell component pouch and a simple weapon.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well depends. I mean I've seen plenty of characters make like dozens of spell failure checks.
If you'd prefer use Bracers of Armor instead and add in amulets of natural armor.

IamTheTest

First Post
I dont have access to BoED. I have core and Complete books. I think that the benefit of the Mithril Shirt far outweighs the 10%ASF.

Shallown

First Post
CAn you list your spell selection. That would determine some choices for me.

Persoanlly I like the Meta magic rods like extend and silence you cen get a couple lesser's cheap.

Also a staff may be the way to go but knowing your spells would help.

later

ASF isn't as big a deal for spontaneous casters, especially at that level. When the wizard blows the only 'teleport' he memorized, it can really suck. With the sorcerer, it just costs you a round. That can still be bad, but at least you get a second shot.

Remove ads