I have Adventure Vault 2

MrMyth

First Post
So if you instead could pick a few specific items that in your view shows off this trend of "hundreds of unplayably bad items" with "nothing really new and interesting"?

Yeah, the "hundreds" does sound like a pretty significant exaggeration. From the quotes of the content I've seen elsewhere, it sounds like there are maybe a couple dozen items that are over or underpowered, with a fraction of those truly unplayable - but "hundreds of unplayable bad items" seems just about impossible.

I do find myself much less excited about this one than the last... in part because of the removal of Superior Implements, in part just because nothing has really popped out and grabbed me as must-have content. I'll probably peruse it at the store and see if anything catches my eye and convinces me to buy it.

Rats.

I'm still incredibly bitter that a game with eight different "heavy blade" class swords still hasn't got a katana.
Maybe they're just as tired as I am, of having katana fans claims that a katana can cut through a M1A1 Abrams Battle Tank.

And they do have Asian weapons already, they got the Katar and Kukri and the Crossbow (and the repeating crossbow as well), because you know that India and Burma and China are parts of Asian too.

Obryn

Hero
I will probably pick this up eventually, but honestly books full of magic items don't do much for me.

AV1 was pretty necessary, given the paucity of interesting magic items in the PHB. AV1 fit the bill perfectly, and there were only a tiny number of brokensauce items I had to ban.

Right now, I feel like I have plenty of magic items to pick from. Adding more seems like it's asking for trouble, more than it is providing useful options at this point.

-O

Bryan Reese

First Post
Sorry but this isn't really helping.

Could you be more detailed?

I understand a product like this will always contain a dozen items any specific gamer will dismiss as "completely unusable", including myself. However, the fact is that this dozen changes from gamer to gamer!

So if you instead could pick a few specific items that in your view shows off this trend of "hundreds of unplayably bad items" with "nothing really new and interesting"?

Before you do that I am afraid I will have to discount your opinion. Thank you.

Then discount my opinion, it is no biggie to me. I won't lose any sleep. :)

Ishi

First Post
Will you be rubbing it in Ishi's (from RPG.net) face that you got the book before he did? :p

Actually, I've had the book for a while but didn't see interest in it so I only spoiled it to a few friends in IRC.

You might've seen discussion about these items on /tg/ and Gleemax before it went down.

Remove ads