• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have Demon Queen's Enclave (P2) and Manual of the Planes

Shemeska

Adventurer
Are the Keepers the same ones I did the ecology for in Dragon? What fluff is there for them?

For the Canoloth, are the yugoloths as a race mentioned?

What is said about Pluton and Carceri (yes it irks me that 'loths were made demons because there was supposedly no place for them, and then two of their main haunts show up as Astral domains). And is there a gehenna pastiche present?

The description of Sigil... does it make any attempt to hold to the 2e/3e metaplot, or does it backtrack in any ways. Ie is Alisohn Nilesia mentioned as Factol of the Mercykillers.

And the most important question of all: is my namesake mentioned as the most awesome person in Sigil? And if so, how do they spell her name? ;)

Sir Robilar

First Post
What are the descriptions of the Shadowfell and the Feywild like? I mean, how long are they, how detailed, are encounters part of them? Maps of Shadowfell cities or other locales?

Thanks!

JeffB

Legend
Isle of Dread? How much does it line up with X1? Is it more..err...fantastical? (being in the feywild)

Or is this version of the Isle of Dread something completely different?

Jack99

Adventurer
Monsters, monsters monsters. What monsters are in Demon Web (The DM booklet should have the new ones).
There is a bunch of old monsters with new levels or a twist, but these are the brand new monsters.
[sblock=New monsters]
Ghoul Eyebiter, level 16 controller (leader)
Web Golem Grappler, level 13 elite controller
Web Golem Thresher, level 14 elite solider
Chwidencha, level 13 brute
Fithrichen, level 12 controller
Mithrenda, level 11 skirmisher
Cave Widow, level 14 skirmisher
Husk Spider, level 14 elite brute
Lolth’s Brutal Swarm, level 17 soldier
Yochlol Tempter, level 17 controller
[/sblock]

I'd like to know about the Devils in the MotP: The 4 devils, what levels/roles are they, and what the devils are would help (What's a barbed devil? A pain devil? Etc).
Graz'zt: level 32 solo controller
Dispater: level 28 solo controller (leader)
Baphomet: level 28 solo brute

Barbed devil: defenders of infernal fortresses or elite bodyguards, name from spiked body (level 18 soldier or skirmisher)
Brazen devil: named after being permanently encased in hellforged brass armor, elite guards of Asmodeus' palace (level 28 soldier)
Pain devil: merc's, named after their ability to inflict pain.. (level 8 solider or level 11 controller)
Storm Devil: the artillery of the nine hells (level 23 artillery)

Demon Web: Does the adventure feel particularly Paragon-y? Is there RP potential, or is it dungeoncrawl-tastic? How does it hold up vs. the others? Is it as good as Trollhaunt?
Enter the drow city that is under assault of an army of undead coming from a realm in the shadowfell, then enter said realm to stop the soon to be newest exarch of Orcus, while risking to actually make him exarch? I would say yes on the Paragon feel.

The adventure is pretty freeform, there are lots of options and ways to resolve certain parts of the adventure. Basically we are presented a good number of interesting NPC’s, with varying motives, and it is largely up to the players what to do with the information. Or they can just kill everything, of course.

Regarding the quality, and this is just from a quick scan to list the monsters and get a feeling, I am gonna go out on a limb and say that I am getter a better impression about it than I had from Trollhaunt, which I until now thought of as the best one.

Rechan

Adventurer
For a book about battlin' undead, it sure has a lot of Drow enemies.

Pain devil: merc's, named after their ability to inflict pain.. (level 8 solider or level 11 controller)
Well, I can possibly use this, and use it like, soon. But, good.

Enter the drow city that is under assault of an army of undead coming from a realm in the shadowfell
Wow. That's... interesting, that the PCs are going into a Drow city to save it.

Thanks, Jack!

Jack99

Adventurer
1) Is there a set up for the next mod?
Not that I noticed
2) how much of the adventure uses winter haven
One of the hooks involves Winterhaven. Else the time will be spend in the Underdark and in the Shadowfell
3) Any new magic items[/QUOTE]
[sblock=New items]
Death Weapon, level 13+
Drow House Insignia, level 12+
Mask of the Matriarch, level 18
Nightbringer (artifact, paragon level)[/sblock]

P2:

-From the images released it appears there is at least somewhat of a sci-fi bent. How much of that is there, and how much would you say could be ripped for other usage?
No sci-fi feel here at all.

-Could you give a brief synopsis of the Paragon Paths?
Blade of Cendriane: eladrin ranger path, experts at feystepping and dualwielding longswords, defenders of the remains of an ancient empire.

Doomguard Marauder: fighter path. A nihilistic society of mercenaries that believe that the universe is sliding towards destruction, and that everything eventually comes to an end.

Gatecrasher: rogue trained in arcana path. Rogue that rocks the planes (sounds weird, but tbh, so did the PP when I read it..

Knight of Celestia: paladin path. Icon of virtue, championing the causes of Mt Celestia

Malec-Keth Janissary: Swordmage path. Elite products of the tower of Malec-keth, a war-magic academy in the City of Brass.

Planeshifter: Warlock or Wizard path. Has extensive knowledge of the planes, loves travelling. Can cast portal in combat!

Shadow Captain: warlord path. A hero seeking power in the darkness, the lost souls and spirits.

Soul Guide: Cleric Path. Guardian of the dead. Undead hater

-Same with Sigil?
A plane onto itself, some say it is a tiny reflection of all that is, everything that has been and everything that will be.
Ruled by mysterious Lady of Pain, armed with mazes, and still keeping deities, demon princes etc out of Sigil
Still has 6 wards
Still has a lot of portals
etc

It's been more than 8 years since I sold my PS collection (yeah, big mistake, I know), so memory is quite fuzzy about the details, but in general, it sounded familiar.

-What is the art like?
Average mostly, although some pieces are really awesome.

Most importantly, where did you get it a week and a half early, so that I can do the same?
In Denmark :p

I'd really like to see the details of the Create Teleportation Circle ritual.
Level 15 ritual, can make a teleport circle that you can use to travel to. Lasts 24 hours, but can be extended by spending a healing surge. Keep it up for a year and a day, and it becomes permanent.

Remove ads