• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have Demon Queen's Enclave (P2) and Manual of the Planes

Michele Carter

First Post
Well I'll applaud them on this one note: they actually read some of the source material then beyond the 3e PlHB subchapter on Sigil, because Alluvius is a bit outside of the norm. Vocar the Disobedient seems to be new. That's an interesting mixture (if quirky since they're not the most powerful by any means, but they're interesting ones certainly).

Heh. Well, since it's Sunday and I'm procrastinating on the work I've got to do today: Those are four characters I suggested to James for the Sigil writeup. Shemeshka, Rule-of-Three, and Alluvius are personal favorites. I also thought it'd be interesting to include an ex-exarch of Vecna, and James was the one who remembered Vocar and adapted him perfectly. If we'd had more space, I would've liked to have seen Estavan, Zadara, and a half-dozen more old friends.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well... Michele, you could always introduce those old friends if I don't know Sigil got expanded, perhaps as part of some manner of setting. Maybe go by the name Planescape, hint, hint *nudge, nudge* ;):)

Cadfan

First Post
What "themes" are there for the shadowfell? I ask out of interest regarding the not-yet-written "shadow" power source.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Heh. Well, since it's Sunday and I'm procrastinating on the work I've got to do today: Those are four characters I suggested to James for the Sigil writeup. Shemeshka, Rule-of-Three, and Alluvius are personal favorites. I also thought it'd be interesting to include an ex-exarch of Vecna, and James was the one who remembered Vocar and adapted him perfectly. If we'd had more space, I would've liked to have seen Estavan, Zadara, and a half-dozen more old friends.

shemmysmile.gif
You're awesome Michelle.

Jack99

Adventurer
What "themes" are there for the shadowfell? I ask out of interest regarding the not-yet-written "shadow" power source.
Do not compute.
Is there any info on the Far Realms, or adventuring in them? Beyond just that it's freaky and monsters come from it.
Not a lot. There are a few examples of theories on how the Far Realms look, and how the Far Realms influence on the mortal world.

Shroomy

Adventurer
The Astral Sea is a space-sea that binds the dominions together. I am not quite sure what you want to know, any chance you could be more specific? I believe the preview had a list of the dominions, so that would be a waste to type them all out again. It has been one of the battlegrounds of the bloodwar, and githyanki are one of the races living here.

Can you describe the Astral Sea as a "space-sea." Exactly how does that work. Do you sail through some parts and fly through others, or is it a sea with dominions hovering over it, etc. Also, how exactly has the Bloodwar been characterized in 4e?

Shemeska

Adventurer
One last question for you Jack:

Since the book apparently lists my namesake the Marauder in the list of notable people in Sigil, how do they actually list her? Do they give a species listing or class etc like the little abbreviated stats they had next to names during 3.x? I ask mostly because well, yugoloths don't really exist in 4e, and she was an arcanaloth. I'm just wondering how they're going to work that in.

Jack99

Adventurer

Since the book apparently lists my namesake the Marauder in the list of notable people in Sigil, how do they actually list her? Do they give a species listing or class etc like the little abbreviated stats they had next to names during 3.x? I ask mostly because well, yugoloths don't really exist in 4e, and she was an arcanaloth. I'm just wondering how they're going to work that in.

You've undergone a racial change

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever

You've undergone a racial change
First, gender. Now, race. You've got issues. ;)

Remove ads