• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have no idea where to find...Drow/Eberron

Missywelden

First Post
Alrighty...I use 3.5! I would like to make a Drow character. To start out, I can't even find out the stats for them (all I know from 3.0 is that they have an ECL of +1 right?). But then I read about Eberron races...and the description makes it seem like they will have a higher ECL then +1. But I am having a really hard time finding the stats to make one. :'( I would like a reference to the Eberron Drow stats (if they are different). But the normal 3.5 Drow will also be good.
If anybody can help me, that would be so cool. (Oh the horror of being a first-time DM)

Iku Rex

Explorer
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elf.htm#drow Also in MM under "Elf".
Drow

Also known as dark elves, drow are a depraved and evil subterranean offshoot.

White is the most common hair color among drow, but almost any pale shade is possible. Drow tend to be smaller and thinner than other sorts of elves, and their eyes are often a vivid red.

Drow usually coat their arrows with a potent venom.
Poison (Ex)

An opponent hit by a drow’s poisoned weapon must succeed on a DC 13 Fortitude save or fall unconscious. After 1 minute, the subject must succeed on another DC 13 Fortitude save or remain unconscious for 2d4 hours. A typical drow carries 1d4-1 doses of drow knockout poison. Drow typically coat arrows and crossbow bolts with this poison, but it can also be applied to a melee weapon. Note that drow have no special ability to apply poison without risking being poisoned themselves. Since this poison is not a magical effect, drow and other elves are susceptible to it.
Drow Traits (Ex)

These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted.
+2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma.
Darkvision out to 120 feet. This trait replaces the high elf’s low-light vision.
Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.
+2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drow’s class levels.
Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword. This trait replaces the high elf’s weapon proficiency.
Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin. This trait replaces the high elf’s automatic and bonus languages.
Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
Favored Class: Wizard (male) or cleric (female). This trait replaces the high elf’s favored class.
Level adjustment +2.

Siriak

Explorer
Reading the original post made me think that the original poster was prepping an Eberron game. If that is true, I believe that drow in Eberron are a little different than the core drow. I am no expert in Eberron, though. Don't drow in Eberron live in the jungle instead of underground? I don't actually have any Eberron books, though, so I could be mistaken.

werk

First Post
Siriak said:
Don't drow in Eberron live in the jungle instead of underground? I don't actually have any Eberron books, though, so I could be mistaken.

Drow in Eberron are usually found in the wilds of Xendrik, and they worship scorpions rather than spiders...Vulkoor, I think his name is. They are largely hunters, still love poison, and hate everyone else.

I don't remember much about them from the Races of book, but there is a lot of flavor for them in the Secrets of Xendrik book.

Last edited:

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Yeah, Eberron drow are physically the same as drow on other worlds, but their temperment is much more like highly xenophobic and territorial wild elves than their brutal, Lloth worshipping, matriarchial counterparts in Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms.

Bryntryst

First Post
If, by Eberron, you are participating in a Xen'drik Expeditions game, drow have a level adjustment of +1, not +2. But apart from that, they are identical from the SRD.

FalcWP

Explorer
Just as a non-stat aside - if you're doing a Drow in Eberron, and he won't be encountered solely on Xen'drik, think long and hard about what you're doing. Especially if any of the other people in the game are well-versed in Eberron. He almost demands a very, very unique backstory otherwise.

Glyfair

Explorer
werk said:
Drow in Eberron are usually found in the wilds of Xendrik, and they worship scorpions rather than spiders...Vulkoor, I think his name is. They are largely hunters, still love poison, and hate everyone else.

I don't remember much about them from the Races of book, but there is a lot of flavor for them in the Secrets of Xendrik book.

At least one sect is focused on elemental binding (they are among the experts in the practice in Eberron, having many unique secrets).

Not that they are identical to the SRD drow from a statistics standpoint. Its just the flavor that's different. Dragon #330 has a variation called the Umbragen in an article from Keith Baker (based on the Dragonshard PC game). They have slightly different stats, but are even more reclusive than the standard Eberron drow.

Missywelden

First Post
Thanks all. I found what I needed.

FalcWP: I definately have thought of how to work a Drow into an Eberron game. She is going to be an NPC that has a minor role in the overall story (that, and I have always wanted to play an Eberron Drow...never had the opportunity as a PC because we always start from lvl 1). :D

werk

First Post
Missywelden said:
Thanks all. I found what I needed.

FalcWP: I definately have thought of how to work a Drow into an Eberron game. She is going to be an NPC that has a minor role in the overall story (that, and I have always wanted to play an Eberron Drow...never had the opportunity as a PC because we always start from lvl 1). :D

To maybe help with that... I play D&D online, which is set in stormreach. They explained the availability of the drow as a player race by making them mercenaries awarded to famous or valorous heros. I could easily see a tribe loaning out proven hunters to worthy parties in the hopes that some would return to their tribe with knowledge and skills unknown to them. It would also give the PC a double-agent sort of motivation, which is always sweet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads