• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have the Eberron Player's Guide and Kingdom of Ghouls

Kenderken

First Post
Wow, thanks for the info Jack99!

What benefit is granted by originating from Aundair? If it's not much trouble, I'd like to know what the Mark of Storm gives the PC, as I am playing a bard of Lyrandar in a current game.

Lastly, what is the prereq for the Lyrandar Wind-rider PP?

I appreciate your efforts. thx :D

pweent

Explorer
It looks like they will be similar, but slightly different from Dopplegangers.

Perhaps, but I think it's more likely that we're just seeing changes similar to those the gnome underwent from the Monster Manual writeup to the full racial writeup in PHB2.

Rechan

Adventurer
Hey Jack. There was talk before of easing up the restriction on Dragonmarks.

So what are the pre-reqs for Dragonmarks?

Trobon

First Post
Perhaps, but I think it's more likely that we're just seeing changes similar to those the gnome underwent from the Monster Manual writeup to the full racial writeup in PHB2.

I was mostly talking about the fact that you can choose one of your bonuses more than the new power. It does basically sound the same as a doppleganger, but I guess its just better for the most part.

Jack99

Adventurer
@Rouse. Just hire me and slap me with an NDA ;). Seriously, if there is an issue with what and how I post, shoot me a PM.

@Everybody
Lots of interest for Eberron - busy day today though, so won't be able to provide many answers until much later.

Hold up, I'm a bit confused. You mentioned something about dragonmarks allowing the player to do a ritual for free, but then say that it doesn't give new abilities. Do you still need to take the second feat to do the ritual, or does the dragonmark essentially give you that ritual and the ability to use it - and secondly, do you mean you do it free as in doing the ritual costs you no gold or material costs or anything like that?

...Also, any new rituals? :3
Sorry for the poor explanation. Am at work atm, so I do not have the book at hand. But as I remember it, you get a benefit and the ability to cast certain rituals. You still have to purchase the ritual and spend residuum to cast it (almost certain on this last one, but not 100%)

Awesome, Jack! Eberron makes me happy.

Can you clarify one thing for me though? Changelings. They're Doppelgangers, right? Up until now in 4E, the 4E Doppelganger is the creature formerly known as a Changeling in 3.5E Eberron. Now that we have a Changeling race in 4E Eberron, can you confirm that these are the same creatures called Doppelgangers in the 4E Monster Manual? What terminology exactly does the the EPG use?

Thanks, Jack!
They use both actually. Changeling in the class section, but doppelganger in the feat section (I assume its a mistake?)

I say, I say again, how about those Aberrant Marks?
There are 3 feats, each giving your target a penalty when you hit it with daily powers.

lvl20dm

Explorer
Great info here! (and much earlier than I expected!)

I was curious if the book discusses the place of various classes in the campaign setting. If so, does it discuss Warlock Pacts? Primal classes and the various druidic "sects" from 3e? Divine classes could also have some unique space (particularly Invokers and Avengers).

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
They use both actually. Changeling in the class section, but doppelganger in the feat section (I assume its a mistake?)
That seems like a rather big and clumsy mistake... :-S

At first I thought it might be something like "doppleganger is what we call a changeling who doesn't play nice", but then there would be feats only monsters can choose, so that doesn't make any sense either.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads