• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E I Have the Pathfinder Gazetteer PDF (Paizo)

SavageRobby

First Post
I second just how very awesome this product is. One of the coolest setting products (and maybe the outright coolest) that I've read.

One thing that fascinates me about the product is how different, yet familiar it is. I think the way they created parallels between real world cultures/countries and Golarian cultures/countries is fantastic - even up to their physical locations.

In the middle of the map is the Inner Sea (ie, the Mediterrean), and to the north are very European-like countries/cultures, with Viking/Scandanavian cultures to the far north, while to the south of the Inner Sea you have very African/Egyptian type cultures/countries, and slightly to the east you see Indian and Arabian cultures. And over the Crown of the World you have far Eastern cultures, etc. But its not too overt - there is enough familiarity that it feels instantly recognizable, but not so much that it feels hackneyed or derivative.

Dark Mistress

First Post
Just want to add about the question if this is a DM or player book. It is mostly a player book, most of the information about the nations, races and gods are things that characters familiar with them. As in worship, live in or near ect would likely know or would be common rumors. There is a few things mostly the history/timeline and a couple of other parts that likely wouldn't be common knowledge. But I would say the bulk of the book is player friendly.

I do like the book a lot and has me looking for the campaign HC coming out in a few months.

Dark Mistress

First Post
d'Anconia said:
It's probably right under my nose - but how do I buy it just as a pdf? I only see the option for a print book.

What BryonD said, the only people that have PDF's now are those that subscribed to the Pathfinder Chronicles. Anyone that preordered it should have the book by now. I do I know. The PDF anyone can buy will be for sale once the book reaches the stores. Which should be in the next week or two.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Dark Mistress said:
What BryonD said, the only people that have PDF's now are those that subscribed to the Pathfinder Chronicles. Anyone that preordered it should have the book by now. I do I know. The PDF anyone can buy will be for sale once the book reaches the stores. Which should be in the next week or two.
May 14... *grumble* *grumble*

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads