D&D Movie/TV I just watched the whole D&D Cartoon Series for the First Time, review.

Given that Venger is going to be a Red Wizard now, I thought it was time. I even watched the semiofficial last episode that was written, but never made (but they did the voice stuff decades later abd fans turned it into an episode).

Its weird how Eric is a coward and a twit, but only when no one's counting on him, when they are he always comes thru. The why of that could have used some extra explaination. Its like high stakes force him to get out of his own way of his potential.

Its a shame that Diana never got to go to Olympus to meet her name sake Goddess. As an athelete she seemed the least dependant for her abilities on her magic weapon, she could fight pretty well without it. Made me want to see a Way of the Arcobat Monk. I was kind of rooting for Eric and Diana to be come a thing.

Shiela did manage to find a single trap at least. It was weird seeing both Shiela and Eric almost getting married to adults, but the 80's were a different time, and 15 & 16 years weren't seen as childern or adults excactly at the time, but in transition between the two states for alot of folks. The age of consent in Canada was 14 at the time. Its still 16 now.

Bobby looked like a slightly older Bam Bam.

Presto stayed behind, but why wasn't he worried about his parents. Its also interesting that he wanted to become a real wizard which suggests he might not actually need the hat now.

Uni was cute.

Given the party ends up in the Forgotten Realms, I assume FR just absorb the setting. I didn't realize the "Realm" was a prison with 4 suns and 2 moons, absolutely not FR, but where Presto ended up might have been FR, maybe?

Does anything explain how they ended up in the Forgotten Realms?

Is Dungeon Master & Korina also Red Wizards?

And was the Realm actually in Ravenloft, I mean it seemed like way too many portals in the Realm for that, no mists either.

Given that Venger is going to be a Red Wizard now, I thought it was time. I even watched the semiofficial last episode that was written, but never made (but they did the voice stuff decades later abd fans turned it into an episode).

Its weird how Eric is a coward and a twit, but only when no one's counting on him, when they are he always comes thru. The why of that could have used some extra explaination. Its like high stakes force him to get out of his own way of his potential.

Its a shame that Diana never got to go to Olympus to meet her name sake Goddess. As an athelete she seemed the least dependant for her abilities on her magic weapon, she could fight pretty well without it. Made me want to see a Way of the Arcobat Monk. I was kind of rooting for Eric and Diana to be come a thing.

Shiela did manage to find a single trap at least. It was weird seeing both Shiela and Eric almost getting married to adults, but the 80's were a different time, and 15 & 16 years weren't seen as childern or adults excactly at the time, but in transition between the two states for alot of folks. The age of consent in Canada was 14 at the time. Its still 16 now.

Bobby looked like a slightly older Bam Bam.

Presto stayed behind, but why wasn't he worried about his parents. Its also interesting that he wanted to become a real wizard which suggests he might not actually need the hat now.

Uni was cute.

Given the party ends up in the Forgotten Realms, I assume FR just absorb the setting. I didn't realize the "Realm" was a prison with 4 suns and 2 moons, absolutely not FR, but where Presto ended up might have been FR, maybe?

Does anything explain how they ended up in the Forgotten Realms?

Is Dungeon Master & Korina also Red Wizards?

And was the Realm actually in Ravenloft, I mean it seemed like way too many portals in the Realm for that, no mists either.
You are putting too much emphasis on the recent changes. The connection to FR, the red wizards and most other D&D lore is post the shows run. Best to enjoy it without those connections IMO. It was never intended to be a part of those things.

I haven't seen the cartoon in ages, but I agree that it should be taken as it's own thing. The movie was just an Easter Egg, nothing more.

I saw the movie seen, but that's not it, the comic books placed them in FR long before this when Presto ends up apprenticed to Elminster. Plus they are doing a new comic book with these characters and Venger is appearing the Red Wizard/Vecna adventure.

I saw the movie seen, but that's not it, the comic books placed them in FR long before this when Presto ends up apprenticed to Elminster. Plus they are doing a new comic book with these characters and Venger is appearing the Red Wizard/Vecna adventure.
Also ignore the comic books, IMO. The cartoon is its own glorious thing.

The truth of it is I moved to Ohio after the last episode. None of the rest of that crap is true! ;)

Remove ads