I mailed back my 3.5 D&D books for a refund today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
frankthedm said:
Whoot!

one more reason not to buy from a FLGS, many refuse refunds!

Isn' it just possible there is a better FLGS in your town (that takes refunds without the need for you to arrange for shipping the item and a delay in your refund), as opposed to all your game store hating? You act like the only possible reason to decide between one place to buy the books and another is a small discount.

Last edited:

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
This thread will burst into flames soon, granted I probably didn't help any :p

My bet post 32 will be when its closed.

frankthedm

First Post
Mistwell said:

Isn' it just possible there is a better FLGS in your town (that takes refunds without the need for you to arrange for shipping the item and a delay in your refund), as opposed to all your game store hating? You act like the only possible reason to decide between one place to buy the books and another is a small discount.

Actually i have been to many gaming and comic stores, but often far between. the main problem is unless they have competition they can get away with the crap that makes the NSFLGS legend. Seeing the 'NO REFUNDS' sign is often exibit 'a' of such a place. Some game stores have been becoming more forgiving in the refunds department of recent

My FLGS is usally pretty good, but has LIED to me many times in the past and another i sent to them in good faith .

The 'it is not out yet' lie is nearly unforgivable in the information age. It realy irritates me that they think i am a slack jawed fool who does not have a clue when the books get released.

Also rather than admit they don't want to fill out a customs form to canada, they told a potential mail order customer they were 'all out' of the wotc black dragon. i wound up going there myself, bought it and mailed it out. It really irked me since i had made a point to name drop them at wizards board during the time when they had four or five of the wotc Black dragons collecting dust on thier shelves.

This ain't directed at leisure hours.

with apologies to Die, die, die my darling

Die, die, die my game store
Never refunded a single sale
Your god damn store smells stale

I'll be seeing you again
Yeah, I'll be seeing you in hell

So don't cry to me weird peter
Your future's in an oblong box
Don't cry to me oh Game store
Your patrons reek like week old socks

Don't cry to me comic guy
Had to know the future was on-line
Don't cry to me oh fatbeard
I’m sick of that ‘Not out yet’ line
Don't cry to me El stink-o
And now your buyers run out the door
Don't cry to me old gamer

You won’t rip me off any more
And bathe your smelly help

Last edited:

wiccanWARRIOR

First Post
I was hoping for just a "Hail and Welcome"..

El_Gringo said:
And only has one post to his name...

.....uh...perhaps he just registered recently, and found this joyous occasion his excuse to say "Hello, room!"?
(jeez, if I wanted to participate in a board full of guys w/ "post envy" I would have just hung around the old WotC Castle of Fun boards....:p...I'd heard ENworld was different.....)

Sorry if I seemed to be "crowing," not trying to stir up trouble. (Well, no more than this debate usually does...;))

It was just such a relief to have those symbols of soulless corporate marketing over creative content out of my gaming library today. I just had to "hallllleeeelllluuuuulllllahhhh!!" about it somewhere.

I am not part of the problem.
I did not pay WotC for their most recent product.

I am part of the solution.
Corporate rule: if crap sells, sell more crap.
Answer: don't buy crap.

YOU (NOW) CAN"T BLAME ME IF 3.5 SELLS ENOUGH TO GIVE US 4.0 IN THE NEXT 18 MONTHS!

Sweet liberation.

The future is indeed what we make it.

Oh, and "Hello Room!"
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads