• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need a forgotten complex/ruined temple/dungeon module

Kyrail

First Post
Ok, so here's the deal. Its now Wednesday, 1:33am, and I got a game Friday. I have *nothing* planned. Ok I do, but I've been busy and haven't had a chance to put anything together, so I have nothing ready for Friday. Oi.

The plus side, the PCs have been teleported to a shrine inside a dungeon complex, which pretty much could be hooked to any dungeon. I had a bunch of ideas but I'm kind of out of time.

So, I ask thee for assistance in recommending a module. It needs to be a ruined structure of some type, undeads a plus, and something that doesn't require a huge lead in or alot of pre-adventure work on the PCs part as they're just going to be basically touring the dungeon and dealing with whats inside. However I wanted something more interesting than 10x10 rooms with wights in them. The party's level is 7, but they're strong, so 8-9 level adventures could be tweaked easy enough. I should have enough time to convert any 2nd Edition adventure if there is a place they can be bought.

Thanks for your help in advance.

It's most likely not ideal but if you can adapt some of the dungeon elements from the Banewarrens (Monte Cook), you would have a cracking dungeonfest.
While it would be more fun to be played properly, I can't see a problem isolating these parts of the module for a quick smash and grab. Good if you want some nasty traps and an interesting dungeon. The module is aimed for levels 6 to 10 with the parts you're interested in well suited for your party's level.

Warning: Lots of powerful evil items (unbalancing if the party is evil) and a lot of preparation required if you wanted to run it properly.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Kyrail

First Post
Thanks, I'll see if I can find it.

Oh, and naturally if anyone has a good Dungeon module I can use, that'd be the easiest way, as my friend has pretty much all the Dungeons since 3E.

tetsujin28

First Post
The best of all forgotten temple/city modules is Dwellers of the Forbidden City. It has yuan-ti, jungles, mongrelmen, Big F***ing Snakes and giant frogs. You can't beat giant frogs.

Jupp

Explorer
Dungeon 112 "Maure Castle" (available as PDF in the Paizo store now)

Dungeon 124 "Chambers of Antiquities" which is a new level for Maure Castle

In my opinion those are excellent dungeon crawls. Though you would have to heavilly tone down the "encounters" since the adventure is for 12th level parties (golem, anyone?)

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Kyrail said:
Ok, so here's the deal. Its now Wednesday, 1:33am, and I got a game Friday. I have *nothing* planned. Ok I do, but I've been busy and haven't had a chance to put anything together, so I have nothing ready for Friday. Oi.

The plus side, the PCs have been teleported to a shrine inside a dungeon complex, which pretty much could be hooked to any dungeon. I had a bunch of ideas but I'm kind of out of time.

So, I ask thee for assistance in recommending a module. It needs to be a ruined structure of some type, undeads a plus, and something that doesn't require a huge lead in or alot of pre-adventure work on the PCs part as they're just going to be basically touring the dungeon and dealing with whats inside. However I wanted something more interesting than 10x10 rooms with wights in them. The party's level is 7, but they're strong, so 8-9 level adventures could be tweaked easy enough. I should have enough time to convert any 2nd Edition adventure if there is a place they can be bought.

Thanks for your help in advance.

In my sig you'll find links to a 7th-level hidden/sewer thieves guild and a 5th-level rural, forgotten shrine/tomb. Both are geared a bit on the difficult side, so either should work fine with the latter being more like what you asked for but perhaps needs a little level adjusting (add +2 to the DCs) and maybe advance the creatures (or give them a couple of extra hit dice of hit points, +2 on thier AC, +2 to Hit) and that ought to do in a pinch. btw, They're both free. (If RPGNow.com is down for the moment, check back a little later and I'm sure it will be fixed.)

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Jupp said:
Dungeon 112 "Maure Castle" (available as PDF in the Paizo store now)

Dungeon 124 "Chambers of Antiquities" which is a new level for Maure Castle

In my opinion those are excellent dungeon crawls. Though you would have to heavilly tone down the "encounters" since the adventure is for 12th level parties (golem, anyone?)

Also, while they are great adventures, it is a module designed by Gary Gygax and as per his normal style, a lot of elements interact with each other, like tha different factions in the dungeon. For such a short time to get ready, I would recommend something smaller, you don't have the time to give this module its proper dues. However, pick it up for when they are a bit higher level.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Oh, if they are the thinking type, you could send them through S1 The Tomb of Horrors. It is mostly thinking through problems, there are coversation notes posted on ENWorld and you can tone it down a bit on the DCs, otherwise, you don't have to be high level to go through it. The only thing you really need to be is high level to kill the Demi-Lich at the end, but there are ways around that. One, there is a seldom used combo in the dungeon itself that can kill the Demi-lich in one round. Also, if they are smart, they will have a summoned creature attack the skull while they loot for one round and then run. Otherwise, you could role-play the Lich, have him give the party a quest to find some item he may need or just replacve the lich with a greater mummy or something. ANyway, there is my two cents. :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads