• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need a GenCon attendee to be my avatar...

Kitsune

Explorer
...and go bug the WotC guys about the deluxe edition core rulebooks in October. Specifically, whether:

1. Those hideous grey covers on the product list on the WotC website are what the books will look like.
2. The deluxe books will incorporate the current errata.

Thanks!

mechascorpio

First Post
...and go bug the WotC guys about the deluxe edition core rulebooks in October. Specifically, whether:

1. Those hideous grey covers on the product list on the WotC website are what the books will look like.
2. The deluxe books will incorporate the current errata.

I asked WOTC customer service week before last, and the answer to #2 is definitely "no".

Kitsune

Explorer
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I was all hyped with hope of having a nice leather set of rulebooks. But there's no way I'm spending that much cash on books with that many errors.

Grr. Well, thanks for the info, at least!

Reaper Steve

Explorer
I think WotC would be best served by delaying the deluxe core rulebooks until this time next year, and incorporate all known errata at that point. Like many others, this has gone from a 'must have' to a 'no thanks' for me. Which is a shame.

pukunui

Legend
I think WotC would be best served by delaying the deluxe core rulebooks until this time next year, and incorporate all known errata at that point. Like many others, this has gone from a 'must have' to a 'no thanks' for me. Which is a shame.
The errata was the only reason I got the deluxe 3.5 books. I, too, will not be getting these ones since the errata is not included.

pukunui

Legend
I was waiting for these as well (as to include errata). This is a major letdown.

Yet another failure on WotC part. :erm:
As happy as I am with the 4th Edition game, I have been pretty unimpressed with a number of their marketing decisions for it (this being one of them).

Remove ads