• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need a Warforged Captain Paladin Savage Berserker

Allensh

Explorer
..and I am having brain issues with the template system for some reason. Rather than making one for me (although I would happily accept that too), can someone talk me through the process?

Oh...and can there be such a thing as undead Warforged?

Allen

chronoplasm

First Post
Um. I'd say no since I generally assume that an undead must have been organic at some point to be 'the living dead'. A warforged is a metal contruct, so I'd say that it cannot be undead.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Um. I'd say no since I generally assume that an undead must have been organic at some point to be 'the living dead'. A warforged is a metal contruct, so I'd say that it cannot be undead.

I respectfully disagree. The idea of an ancient, rusted-out husk of a "man" reborn with rotting fleshy tendons infused with bronze (imagine the sound of metal scraping against itsself and the twisting of taut rope) sounds completely rad!

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
..and I am having brain issues with the template system for some reason. Rather than making one for me (although I would happily accept that too), can someone talk me through the process?

Oh...and can there be such a thing as undead Warforged?

Allen

I believe if you applied all of these templates together, you're going to end up with some weird gestalt of a foe that the PCs cannot conquer, even at 30th level. Take a look at the level requirements...

In essence, I'd limit yourself to two templates max (and that may even be pushing it). Just take the standard monster/foe from the MM, and add everything up cumulatively.

darkadelphia

First Post
I wouldn't say there CAN'T be, depends on the fluff in your game world. I think it would be cool to say that the Warforged have biological components in their system (like the gel packs on the Voyager B-))--this might explain why they're still vulnerable to all sorts of things that wouldn't normally affect a non-living creature. Plus, it allows for undead warforged, which sounds kinda neat in my opinion. Makes me think of General Grievous.

Something died inside of me when I named elements from some of my least favorite incarnations of some of my favorite franchises.

Allensh

Explorer
I believe if you applied all of these templates together, you're going to end up with some weird gestalt of a foe that the PCs cannot conquer, even at 30th level. Take a look at the level requirements...

In essence, I'd limit yourself to two templates max (and that may even be pushing it). Just take the standard monster/foe from the MM, and add everything up cumulatively.

The Warforged Captain is from the Monster Manual...a 6th level monster. The Paladin is a class template and the Savage Berserker is one of the other kind of monster templates.

Allen

Remove ads