• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I need good ideas

Corwin

Explorer
Congrats! As have I. I will continue to give you what you asked for: good ideas. I won't hold your hand as you press the blow-up-the-game-with-disruptive-behavior button. Because I don't think that's a good idea (again, the thing you asked for in the title of this thread).

A few important thing for everyone still reading along to remember, from the OP:

"...the DM is allowing me to extract my revenge..."

"...[the DM] is willing to help me out provided i come up with a plan of execution so that him and i dont need to pass notes in the middle of the session and let everyone know that i killed him so he does not try to hold a grudge."

Two things especially stand out here to me:

1) Despite claims later to the contrary, you are clearly expressing a personal desire to do this thing. Indicated by you saying, "the DM is allowing me to extract my revenge," and "the DM is willing to help me out." You should look inward at the fact that it was you who got your first PC killed. Refusing to work with the other players at the table to tell a fun story, you used the crutch of "metagaming" to play secretive games with the party dynamic and it bit you in the behind. But then you willingly bite into that same "metagaming" apple to excuse petty behavior.

2) If the paladin's player finds out it was you, the belief is he will be upset. As evident by you saying no one can know if was you, "so he does not try and hold a grudge." Well, what happens after you commit this murder and the rest of the party decides to stop at nothing until the assassin is caught and punished? What happens when they find out it was you? Do you not consider that a possibility? Well, you should.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
I remember when I first started out gaming and I had a very similar mindset and way of playing. Now, looking back at that old self, I'd slap him and make him understand all the fun he missed and the weirdness of playing a cooperative role-playing game with backstabbing and attempting to win D&D. Honestly, it makes me cringe to think of it.

I'm truly curious to see you come back with a few more years of gaming under your belt and how you might look at yourself now. Maybe you'll cringe at yourself as I do looking back at my past, maybe not. But I'd still be curious to see.

Corwin

Explorer
i still dont care
And that's the real tragedy here. And I don't just mean for you. But in that you don't care about how your actions directly affect your friends. What a horrible, selfish attitude to bring to a table.

Fine. You are going to go through with this. No one's going to convince you what a terrible idea this is. Whatever. But the paladin's player *will* eventually find out what you did. And by your own admission, he will probably get upset about the whole thing. That'll be on *you*. I just hope when that time comes you own it. Take your licks. You'll have earned them.

BoldItalic

First Post
unfortunately you guys have no idea what my friends are like, and i don't feel bad in the slightest
If all the other players, and the DM, think the same way as you, then that's fine, you carry on. Be a nasty to each other as you like. Stab each other in the back and laugh. Behave like a bunch of goblins. It's your game.

But don't post here expecting other D&D players to applaud you or help you do it. You are the very personification of an unco-operative player, and yet you post here asking for co-operation from us? The world doesn't work that way.

LordShikamaru

First Post
darn i wish i would have known i wouldnt get help.... oh yeah..... i did, thank you to the ones who gave me some ideas, and to the ones who didn't give me any ideas but instead gave me judgement i would also like to say thank you, you have been very insightful and i appreciate your years of wisdom and constructive criticism. unfortunately i am stubborn hand hard headed and i already made up my mind so im still not gonna listen to you but i thank you anyway for dropping by for a wonderful discussion. Any more ideas as to how i can accomplish my goal of murder i welcome humbly.

pirate gonzalez

First Post
Just a side issue that I'm sure you don't care about, but try to not play a character with multiple personality disorder. It doesn't work like it does in fiction, and it have a VERY high chance of causing issues in the game, even with friends. If the point is to have an excuse for why your character does something (Oh, it was my crazy murderer personality!), don't use it. And if it's for laughs, don't do it. Mental issues are not comedy.

As an assassin, you don't need multiple personality disorder. You're an assassin, so you should be good at assuming other identities via acting. Carry disguise kits and such instead.

If the end result is to kill the player, you don't need to figure it out during the game. Just tell the GM your plan and have him let it happen without failure.

But honestly, just don't do it.

nexalis

Numinous Hierophant
I am sorry to inform you that this campaign has a life expectancy of between 2 and 10 sessions if you continue down the path you're on.

If you're reconciled to that fact and want to go through with it anyway, then just drop a cyanide capsule into the paladin's bowl of Frosted Faith Nuggets.

If you're worried about plausible deniability, then just poison everyone in the party, including yourself, thereby bringing this train-wreck of a campaign to a quick and dignified end, Jack Kevorkian style.

If dignity is not what you're after, then just mix the cyanide with some sort of fast-acting diarrhetic to ensure that all of you soil your pants as you meet your maker to the fanfare of wet trumpets.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads