• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need help converting BRP to D20

ProtoClone

First Post
I am trying to convert some stuff from BRP to D20 3.5 for a Dreamlands campaign I will be running soon. I am having problems with figuring out the level of the NPC I am currently working on.

I have tried the two methods it suggests in the D20 COC book but it doesn't seem right. The character I am using could either be 6th level or 23rd level. Then on top of that his stats are way disproportionate to someone of either level.
D20 Stats:
Str - 10
Dex - 20
Con - 12
Int - 16
Wis - 17
Cha - 30

Has anyone created a better conversion from BRP to D20 or more successes using what is in the D20 book?

Any help would be appreciated.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Well, I'm currently in the process of writing up conversion notes from d20 to another system altogether, and having surprising success with that.

However. . . IMO (owning as I do, Dreamlands and a metric boatload of d20 stuff, including CoC d20) this conversion is a problematic proposition, all in all.

There are just so many radical, fundamental differences in system and style between the two games. Even CoC d20 is truly unlike CoC BRP.

But if you were determined to do this thing, I'd suggest simply gauging the power level of each BRP creature/NPC, then creating 'whole cloth' a d20 statblock of roughly equivalent power level, as seems reasonable. Or, with any luck, picking an appopriate ready-made monster/NPC from a book, or from somewhere like the d20 NPC site.

Of all the d20 systems out there, the one you've selected is perhaps one of the least suited to the task, IMO. But hey, it's your game! :)

Remove ads