• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Need Ideas!!!

In the campaign I am playing in, I dropped my current character because of various reasons goin on in the campaign, and now I am in the process of making another character...problem is, I don't know what to go with. I need some ideas for character concepts that aren't the same thing you see all the time, or what you would call vanilla characters. I need something with flavor. I would usually be able to do this myself, but I have character creation block right now!

The character will be made at 5th level, and pretty much any thing is allowed. If some of the people on the boards would be so kind as to post some character ideas and concepts, it would be greatly appreciated.

*Note* I am not trying to min/max, powergame, or munchkinize this in any way! :)

Crothian

First Post
First, this isn't my idea. I read this on the boards a while back.

The character wants to be a wizard, but for some reason has no spell ability. However, he can figure out items of magical nature with ease. So, even though he went to a mage acadmy for some time, he has no spell ability.

Class would be rogue. Max ranks in Use magical device and knowledge arcana. Educated feat, skill focus use magical device. Other skills would be spellcraft, other knowledges (class skills becasue of educated feat).

THis is a summary of course. tHe specifics depend on your campaign world. I like it cause it's a different way to use the rogue class that is very not the rogue class.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well if you're running a FR type campaign, go cleric of Tempus, loves his battle axe. Always talks to it, calls it by name and enjoys cleaving heads off things. Always says before going into battle "Tempus says you deserve big hurt!" Finally he never wears anything heavier than half plate. Thinks full plate is for wimps and enjoys sundering any other weapon he can.

That help any?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Alright well then there was a Diviner I had. He had evocation as his prohibited school, but his goal, to find all the places in the world where there was danger and stay away from them! :) He also enjoyed summoning and one of his other dreams was to create a small demi-plane were he could create some new life. He's NG, but he enjoys this scientific side where he's looking to breed a new longer lived race to act as his repository of knowledge about the world.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
How about a nature cleric who thinks killing trees is an abomination? He will not use wooden furniture or utensiles, nor enter a wood building. He carries his own eating utensiles made from bone or horn, he won't ride in a wagon because it is made of wood, he won't even drink water that was brought from the well in a wood bucket. He probably would be very wary of fire, especially in a forest. Maybe he wouldn't eat nuts or fruits unless they had already fallen from the tree. Maybe he wants to hold funeral ceremonies whenever the party comes into a town, because all of the houses & furniture made from trees need to be properly laid to rest.

Ilen

First Post
How about a Barbarian/Sorcerer who realizes his powers (all cold based) after he was caught in a surprise blizzard and survived now finding out he is immune to non-magical cold (This last bit takes compromise from the DM.) and now complains that the weather is to warm unless there is snow on the ground. Oh, don’t forget the White Dragon tattoos all over his body and the fact that he only wares a loin cloth due to the ‘warm’ weather.

Crothian

First Post
A wizard who only jioned the Wizards guild becasue he likes to read. As a commoner he could never get books, but as a wizard he has huge access to them. He doesn't care much about spells or magic, that is a means to the neds: knowledge. Class: Wizard/ Loremaster

A lazy bard who doesn't want to work for a living at all. So, he here's about a Duchess Widow and bribes one of her servants to deliver a letter. Over the next 3 months they exchange letters, as time goes on they get very personal. The Duchess finally asks for a meeting. THe letters have emotionally moved her and she's in love with the bard. The bard figures marrying an old duchess for her money will answer all his problems. However, she turns out to be something he casn't live with (she's ugly, terrible personality, something) so after the meeting he bolts and she never hears from him. She's scorned and wants him. She uses here money and influence to try to track him down. He's officially wanted. So he hides in the one place he would be found. The wilderness. Class Bard/ Ranger

mikebr99

Explorer
Elven, 1st Wizard/4th Fighter... working to the Bladesinger (1 more ftr. level then PrC).

Dwarven, 2nd Fighter/2nd Cleric... working towards Warpriest (2 more Cleric levels before PrC).

Human 5th Sorcerer (Monte's version). This'll probably be my next choice.

Wood elf 1st barbarian/4th Ranger (Monte's version). Current character... though he is now a 7th level Ranger. I am working my way to the Fleetrunner PrC.

Remove ads