• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Need Simple Spaghetti Recipes!

Atanatotatos

First Post
There, this is a little simple recipe that offers very good results:

Olive oil in the pan. Cut some fresh tomatoes (I don't know what varieties you have there, round small ones are the best for this); if you have time, peel them too. Put them in the pan, (fire should be low) till they've ejected a good amount of moisture. Put some tuna in it (can tuna is fine) with a couple small pieces of garlic. It's ready when the tuna has darkened a bit, taste to be sure. Some white wine would be good when you put the tuna in.
Get the pasta out of the water about a minute early, and put it in the pan with the salsa for a short time. It will absorb better the flavor this way.

There this should be simple, and more or less "proper".

Protagonist

First Post
So... that's the point when I'm cooking when I think to myself, "Some white wine would be good when I put the tuna in." So I a poor myself a glass and drink it down... :p

I'd need several glasses of white wine before even contemplating putting tuna in anything :lol: No fish for me :D

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
A little more detail...

Heat up a frying pan on medium-high heat for a few minutes. Once it's good and hot, drop in a spoonful or or two of oil and swirl it around to coat the pan. Put a bunch of already-cooked noodles (I usually just use some leftovers) into the pan, and stir them around a bit a wooden spatula or spoon to get them coated with oil -- if you let them sit too long in one place, they'll get scorched.)
Pbardenter is wise and true.

I would add just one suggestion: those leftover noodles should be as dry and cold as possible...leftovers that have been kept in the fridge overnight, for example. Extra moisture will make the noodles gummy when you start to fry them, which will make them stick to each other in a gooey, starchy mass.

Here's how I do it. Heat up the skillet and oil like Pbartender suggests. Take the chilled noodles out of the fridge, and drizzle them with a little bit of oil. Gently work the oil into the noodles with your fingers, separating them as much as you can without shredding them, and then add them to the skillet a little at a time. Remember: more noodles = more moisture = greater chance for the noodles to stick together, so only fry about a cup of noodles at a time.

EDIT: this method works for rice, too. Chill the rice overnight, drizzle a little bit of oil in it, and gently work the oil in with your fingers. Toss it in a very-hot skillet, one cup at a time, until piping hot and lightly browned. Presto! Fried rice.

Last edited:

Jesus_marley

First Post
My SO makes a wicked pasta sauce that is ridiculously easy but does take time.

basically start with:

3/4 pound (precooked weight) lean ground beef, browned
1/2 pound "loose" Italian sausage, cooked
4 Large (750ml) cans of crushed tomatoes (fresh is best but canned will do).
2 bulbs - yes, I said Bulbs of garlic (peeled, finely chopped)
1 medium onion finely chopped
Basil and oregano to taste

place all of the ingredients in a 6.5 quart slow cooker. turn it on, cover and leave it the heck alone for 8-12 hours.
return and it's done.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
One of my favorite simple pasta recipes is actually made with cheese tortellini, but...

Cook your pasta of choice.

Top with mushrooms sauteed in butter, and some roasted garlic cloves. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.

Eat.

If you're not using tortellini, you might want to add some grated cheese- parmesan is classic, but I prefer parrano (a gouda/parmesan hybrid).

Slices of green onion- raw and/or sauteed- could also be added for extra flavor.

Remove ads