I need some DM advice

Drammattex

First Post
It grew. It grew to enormous proportions. It wanted more and more of that delicious glowy metal, and it certainly recognized who had provided it.

The thing pursued the PCs through the woods, growing larger and larger as it went, knocking down trees and squishing playful forest fey as the heroes (who had now begun to think perhaps this hadn't been such a good idea) ran screaming for their lives.

There was a tribe of bullette-worshiping forest gnomes who called their chief who called their shaman who called the king bullette. The PCs acted as bait to run the two monsters into one another, and the resulting battle was like Godzilla vs. King Kong (the bullette won... barely).

I'd given them a unique magic gong from the Book of Marvelous Magic that was essentially an artifact in the game world. The players had failed to identify what it did, but they had recently hatched a baby rust monster and, without a heavily armored fighter in the party, they wanted to keep it as a pet. When they decided to feed the (intensely glowing) magic gong to the baby rust monster, I was tempted to say it didn't work--I'd meant for the gong to act as a piece in a larger puzzle--but the players seemed pretty hopeful that something would happen. So I thought "what the heck."

Those guys had a lot of crazy misadventures, but in all our years of gaming we always remember the really crazy stuff that people tried and what happened as a result. Honestly, I've been chuckling to myself all morning about the poster's players' "kobold fight club" and I'm keen to find out what happens with it. I love that they have this crazy plan, whatever it turns out to be. :)

Remove ads