• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need the name of a Powerful Air Elemental

the Jester

Legend
The "Good" air archomental was named Chan, the Princess of Good Air Creatures. I don't believe she's had stats since 2e, but I could be wrong.

Nymrohd

First Post
Hmm. The Inner Planes was not really large enough to detail the massive number of inner planes in 2E planescape (likely the one occasion of symmetry that I can fully agree was pointless and forced). Indeed the archomentals are Yac-Bin and Chan, but you can also count the Grand Caliph Husam Balil ben Nafhat al-Yugayyim of the Djinn as well as some of the more powerful air genasi like Haalifith who rules Taifun the Palace of Tempests (on the border of Air and Lightning) and the half-elven genasi Brahmas Pulivuin, a basher with much jink to spare trying to decipher the secrets of the Watersprout (Twin vortices to Water in the plane of Air connected to each other).
I also ransacked through MC Planescape Appendix III which has stats for the archomentals and the Sisslan which is an Air elemental race (living whirlwinds with alien motivations apart from killing anything that does not belong in the plane).
Cannot help with 3E stats on them (perhaps you can PM Shemeska?)

Roger

First Post
According to ye olde Wikipedia:

In Greek mythology, the Anemoi (in Greek, Ἄνεμοι — "winds") were wind gods who were each ascribed a cardinal direction, from which their respective winds came, and were each associated with various seasons and weather conditions.

Of the four chief Anemoi, Boreas was the north wind and bringer of cold winter air, Notus was the south wind and bringer of the storms of late summer and autumn, and Zephyrus was the west wind and bringer of light spring and early summer breezes; Eurus, the east wind, was not associated with any of the three Greek seasons.

The Roman equivalent of Boreas was Aquilo, or Aquilon. An alternate, rarer name used for the northern wind was Septentrio.

Notus' equivalent in Roman mythology was Auster, the embodiment of the sirocco wind, who brought heavy cloud cover and fog or humidity.

The east wind's Roman counterpart was Vulturnus, not to be confused with Volturnus.

Zephyrus' Roman equivalent was Favonius, who held dominion over plants and flowers.

Cheers,
Roger

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
You might want to look at the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, tied to the Rod of Seven Parts and the Age of Worms adventure path.

In particular, there are four named (that I can find easily without digging),

Wind Duke Zosiel
Wind Duke Icosiol
Wind Duke Qadeej
Wind Duke Nadroc

The last time I needed a powerful lord of air, I used the name Iodarnos. Thats about all I got... enjoy.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

Remove ads