• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need your recommendations for Prestige Classes

mikebr99

Explorer
Varius said:

Bah, erratas are for wussies. Halfling Outrider is strong enough as it is without a Base Attack bonus.

LOL!!! :D

Very kewl...

The Erratas will be located on the WOTC website... also check for the latest version of the FAQ for more helpful hints... be sure to have acrobat installed frist as all above is in pdf versions...

Happiest_Sadist

First Post
Anything that dosn't give +1 lvl per lvl spellcasting progression of cleric/wizard/druid/sorc and add a bunch of new abilities withoug giving anything up. ex incancantrix, radiant servant of pelor.

After that I'd avoid dragon disciple unless you rewrite the class (the size increase is too much).

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Sacred Exorist is an okay Pr-class. I would however say that Hospiliter is wasn't well thought out if you ask me.

cloaker

First Post
From Defenders of the Faith:
Holy Liberator (cool, but hard prereqs)
Templar (kicks alot of ass and gains Weap. Spec for free)

From Tomb & Blood:
Arcane Trickster (why be a simple rogue or simple wizard? Be both without losing almost nothing)

From Masters of the Wild:
Deepwood Sniper (for archers)
Tempest (for Two-weapon fighters or rangers)

From Sword & Fist:
Fist of Hextor (you can be Lawful Neutral)
Halfling Outrider
Master Samurai (kicks alot of ass, friend had alots of fun with him)
Red Avenger (for monks, kind of nice)
Weapon Masters (kicks ass)

I had alot of fun playing a Arcane Archer from DMGs. Great against almost anything since he gets magical arrows for "free".

Well, the Mystic Eye Games editor of the print version of Wild Spellcraft told me that the Pandaemonicist and Sculptor of Chaos prestige classes were too powerful, but I disagree, since I did try to balance them when I wrote them.

I usually don't remember prestige classes on their balance, but on their flavor. So, even though the classes in Tome & Blood might be a little overpowered, I love 'em, because they're cool. And though Song & Silence might have nice, balanced classes, I only really liked the Thief Acrobat, since the rest were boring to me. I much prefer bards.

Hey, Ryan, I sent you an email, asking for your help to name a gnome. I hope you get it.

Remove ads