• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I probably ruined my battlemat!

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Throw it in the washer!

A friend of mine at Gen Con mentioned he's had good luck washing battlemats in the washing machine. Even removes all traces of red ink--even red that's been on for a long time.

I haven't tried it yet, so I make no personal guarantees. But my friend is pretty reliable, and he said he's done it a number of times. (He specified that it works only with the cloth-backed Chessex mats--not mats made entirely of vinyl.)

If your mat is a write-off as-is, why not give it a try? Worse cast, it's ruined (which it already is); best case, it's like new!

Salad Shooter

First Post
I've heard writing over the lines with wet erase or dry erase markers (can't remember which...) works pretty well.

Rubbing alcohol also could be a good bet.

Congrats on the marriage! I hope she roleplays!

Pagan priest

First Post
Many, many years ago, I was gaming with a friend who had a young daughter. One evening, the daughter had a bit of a head cold, and was blowing her nose frequently. One time, after getting a tissue rather full of expelled mucus, she decided to "help" mommy and wipe off some of the mat. With the tissue she had in her hand. An ink stain that had been there for months disappeared.

I can't say that I recommend this method, but if you do try it, I'd suggest following it up with the alcohol, for sanitary reasons.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Pagan priest said:
Many, many years ago, I was gaming with a friend who had a young daughter. One evening, the daughter had a bit of a head cold, and was blowing her nose frequently. One time, after getting a tissue rather full of expelled mucus, she decided to "help" mommy and wipe off some of the mat. With the tissue she had in her hand. An ink stain that had been there for months disappeared.

I can't say that I recommend this method, but if you do try it, I'd suggest following it up with the alcohol, for sanitary reasons.

I am SOOOO going to try this next game night just to see everyone's reaction. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads