I saw a CAPALDI!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Strange that the caption says -

"The Eleventh Doctor and his companion reunite in this deleted scene from The Time of the Doctor."

They kept the same numbering. Hurt is the "War Doctor" rather than the "9th Doctor". That way they don't need to re-issue the packaging on millions of toys, books, and comics.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
They kept the same numbering. Hurt is the "War Doctor" rather than the "9th Doctor". That way they don't need to re-issue the packaging on millions of toys, books, and comics.

They might be fighting the tide, considering even in the episode they go out of their way to highlight regenerations and the number of them in evidence.

Yeah, I wonder what that's about? Memory loss?

I figured it was just temporary change from the regeneration process. But I do wonder if it will be more prolonged as a plot point (they established that Tasha Lem can fly the TARDIS so maybe they intend to bring her on as a second companion?).

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
A new set of regenerations means that the doctor sort of forgot his past lives? Sort of a reboot in a continuity? Or it'll last for a few episodes then he'll remember everything.

A new set of regenerations means that the doctor sort of forgot his past lives? Sort of a reboot in a continuity? Or it'll last for a few episodes then he'll remember everything.

That was precisely my thought. Kind of a reboot, as in he's forgotten all of his past lives.

Then again, it could be that Capaldi is going to play his Doctor as a trickster and said that as a joke.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Well, he remembers it needs to be "flown" in any event. I'm not sure someone with no memory would think of that interior as that of a "ship" of any kind.

Remove ads