I think it is kind of slow around here...(postponed)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
All sounds good to me :D

Even the house rule if a baby troll picks up a sword and starts using it over its little claws then at the next character lvl I would allow them to take a level in fighter.

So thier are different progression types for the different styles of monsters guess I need to work on my mini-beholder LOL

HM

Voda Vosa

First Post
If I would like to play, an evil wizard trapped into the body of a golem, clay, stone, any but flesh (They are nasty things, yuck!), how could I crunch that?

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The Awaken Construct spell in the Spell Compendium grants a construct a humanoid level of intellect, self-awarenes, and indentity.

You could simply use the mechanics of the spell and instead of the construct becoming self-aware something goes wrong and the caster of the spell accidentally transfers his own consciousness into the construct.

Mechanically, from 1st level, the character would use the normal monster progression for the Golem, but instead of the monster's normal adjustments to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma, it has normal scores in those attributes (no bonuses or penalties). From a roleplaying perspective, the transfer was traumatic enough that he lost much of his former power and must now regain it.

Regarding the Unholy Scion, I would probably treat it like a base race, allowing it to provide certain modifiers to start and then additional levels in the template class provide the rest of the abilities. Say, a Human Unholy Scion gains +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma. The character could also still be a child and thus start at Small size (with all of the associated bonuses and penalties) and a -2 penalty to Strength.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Now the only thing we need to figure out is HD, BAB and saves so she can progress normally. At lvl 1 she won't be imbalanced with her mental stats, as she won't be able to use them that much. She is a Small creature that can use it's claw attack. That's it. If she had class levels then the attributes would be bad. Plus I'm keeping consistent with her write up from the sourcebook, and even giving her the Dex bonus at lvl 2.

Past level 5 she will start taking class levels, at which point her SLAs and improved DR will be scaled off those right?

Regarding HD, BAB and saves, Outsiders are d8, get full bab and 3 good saves. Maybe progress like that, or is it too much? Note she still doesn't have weapon proficiensies or spells or anything of that nature.

[sblock=Unholy Scion progression]Level 1: Claw Attack, Familial Charm, Instant Knowledge, Int +6, Wis +2, Cha +4, DR 1/good and magic, Resistances (acid, cold, electricity, fire) 1

Level 2: Charm Person 3/day, Dex +2, Fast Healing 1, DR 2/good and magic,
Resistances (acid, cold, electricity, fire) 2

Level 3: Darkvision 60 ft., Cha to AC, Fast Healing 2, DR 3/good and magic, Resistances (acid, cold, electricity, fire) 3

Level 4: Unholy Strike, Desecrate 1/day, Fast Healing 3, DR 4/good and magic, Resistances (acid, cold, electricity, fire) 4

Level 5: Immunity to poison and mind-affecting spells and abilities, Spell resistance (HD + 10 (maximum 35)), Enervation 1/day, protection from good 3/day, Fast Healing 4, DR 5/good and magic, Resistances (acid, cold, electricity, fire) 5[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The Awaken Construct spell in the Spell Compendium grants a construct a humanoid level of intellect, self-awarenes, and indentity.

You could simply use the mechanics of the spell and instead of the construct becoming self-aware something goes wrong and the caster of the spell accidentally transfers his own consciousness into the construct.

Mechanically, from 1st level, the character would use the normal monster progression for the Golem, but instead of the monster's normal adjustments to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma, it has normal scores in those attributes (no bonuses or penalties). From a roleplaying perspective, the transfer was traumatic enough that he lost much of his former power and must now regain it.

Regarding the Unholy Scion, I would probably treat it like a base race, allowing it to provide certain modifiers to start and then additional levels in the template class provide the rest of the abilities. Say, a Human Unholy Scion gains +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma. The character could also still be a child and thus start at Small size (with all of the associated bonuses and penalties) and a -2 penalty to Strength.

So you are saying I take the flesh golem from savage species but without the initial ability modifier? That'll be all?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well you have my email, you could perhaps send it to me? I'll check if it makes my character more powerf... emh suitable for this game, that's what I meant. =)

renau1g

First Post
Even the house rule if a baby troll picks up a sword and starts using it over its little claws then at the next character lvl I would allow them to take a level in fighter.

HM

Hmmm I was thinking I may not want to play the troll as I felt it was too close to the Flesh Golum after reading the new progressions, but if I could pick up a level of fighter (or barbarian or whatever) at level 2, that may left me move to a bit different that CM.

Besides, I've always loved this image

war_troll.jpg

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
If Voda Vosa goes with his wizard's mind trapped in a flesh golem's body concept then I'll probably go with something else.

Maybe a male Succubus to give the group a face character. :D

Remove ads