• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I voted!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I voted

I have missed two minor, off-term elections in my life since I was able to vote (I am about to turn 50); other than that, I have I have cast my ballot every time.

I need to vote all the time -- it is my license to to kvetch about the government. ;)

And it felt good, as usual, to vote. :)

Ah, yes!- the all important Kvetch License! Those rock!

Tewligan

First Post
Afterwards, I made damn sure to get my due from voting - that free coffee from Starbucks. I don't drink coffee, and I don't want to, but no way I'll miss a chance to cash in when the opportunity presents itself.
Here, the local dog pound was giving away a free ziplock bag full of dog crap if you showed that you voted. I had no use for it, but hey, free dog crap!

Tewligan

First Post
No and I won't. IMO democarcay is an illusion.
Wow. Reveille, a LOT of people around the world, the US included, have been beaten and/or killed because they'd like to be able to have some say in their government. The system's pretty damn far from flawless, but it's the best we have - and it certainly won't get better if people just sit on their asses, throw up their hands, and say "No, it's pointless." That's a slap in the face to thousands if not millions who have given so much for you to even have that choice, or who would love to have that choice. I sincerely hope you reconsider your stance over the next four years.

And to those who voted, congratulations! It was great to see what a turnout the country had this year - I almost felt bad that Oregon only has mail-in ballots, so I couldn't get the thrill of voting in person this year!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Wow. Reveille, a LOT of people around the world, the US included, have been beaten and/or killed because they'd like to be able to have some say in their government. The system's pretty damn far from flawless, but it's the best we have - and it certainly won't get better if people just sit on their asses, throw up their hands, and say "No, it's pointless."

<snip>
Yeah, well there is only one other government in the history of humankind that used the eagle as its symbol.

Stormborn

Explorer

And yet it only takes a second on that very site to prove that your assertion is untrue. Not to mention irrelevant to the issue of voting.

The coat of arms of Albania has a black double-headed eagle.
The coat of arms of Armenia has a gold eagle and lion.
The coat of arms of Austria has a black eagle.
The coat of arms of the Czech Republic integrates the symbols of Moravia and Silesia (both with female eagles in their emblems - red-and-white chequered and black respectively) on the coat of arms of the Czech Republic with Bohemia's lion.
The coat of arms of Egypt is a golden eagle looking towards the viewer's left.
The coat of arms of Germany has a black eagle.
The coat of arms of Ghana has two golden eagles holding it.
The coat of arms of Indonesia has an eagle-like garuda carrying a shield on its neck and a banner on its feet.
The coat of arms of Iraq has the golden Eagle of Saladin
The coat of arms of Jordan has a black eagle.
The coat of arms of Mexico golden eagle perched upon a cactus devouring a snake.
The coat of arms of Moldova consists of a stylized eagle holding a cross in its beak and a sceptre and a branch in its claws.
The coat of arms of Montenegro represents the two-headed eagle in flight.
The coat of arms of Navarre/Basque Country Kingdom has a black eagle.
The coat of arms of Nigeria has a red eagle on top.
The Insignia of the Pakistan Air Force includes the Peregrine Falcon State Military national bird.
The coat of arms of Panama has a harpy eagle
The coat of arms of the Philippines has the bald eagle of the United States, but the Monkey-eating Eagle is the de jure National Bird of the country.
The coat of arms of Poland has a white eagle with a golden beak and talons wearing a golden crown.
The coat of arms of Romania has a golden aquila holding a cross in its beak and a mace and a sword in its claws.
The coat of arms of Russia has a double-headed eagle.
The coat of arms of Serbia has a white bicephalic eagle of the House of Nemanjić.
The coat of arms of Syria formerly had the eagle of Saladin.
The Great Seal of the United States has a bald eagle.
The coat of arms of Yemen depicts a golden eagle with a scroll between its claws.
The coat of arms of Zambia has a orange red eagle on top.
Historic uses:

The Ptolemaic rulers of Egypt used it as their seal.
Napoleon Bonaparte used the Roman Golden Eagle as the symbol of his new French empire.
Persian Empire: the symbol of Persian Army was an Eagle
The Romans used it on the standards of their armies. From this derives:
The late Byzantine Empire chose a two-headed golden eagle as its symbol. It is popularly that one head symbolised ancient Rome, and the other head symbolised "new Rome" at Constantinople. From this derives:
The two-headed eagle is the emblem of "Shqipëria" or Land of the Eagles, which is known in English as Albania (see The Tale of the Eagle for the legendary origin of the name)
After the fall of Constantinople, the Russian Empire took the two-headed eagle as its own symbol.
After his crowning as the new Roman Emperor, Charlemagne adopted the ancient Roman eagle as his own symbol. The Holy Roman Empire born of his kingdom took the eagle, but the Habsburgs replaced the golden eagle by an imperial eagle. From this derives:
The Austrian Empire had a two-headed eagle as its symbol. After the abolition of Austria-Hungary, Austria took as its symbol a one-headed eagle in the modern coat of arms of Austria.
Prussia, and later Germany have used a black eagle as their national symbol.
The Spanish Catholic monarchs, Isabella and Ferdinand, used the eagle as a part of the royal shield representing Saint John the Evangelist. The eagle was again on the Spanish shield under the Francoist regime and the transition to Democracy (1939-1981).
The Seljuk Turks and Ottoman Turks used a double-headed eagle as coats-of-arms.

You can vote or not as you see fit, but there is no need to make such obviously false claims.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, well there is only one other government in the history of humankind that used the eagle as its symbol.

WHAT THE HECK? Did somehow my deleting your previous attempt to post this absolute nonsense followed by a warning to the thread not get the point across?!?!

Don't bother to answer. You are banned from this thread.

Anyone else want to try my patience? Bring it on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads