• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I wanna make a dual weild Ranger

rudeboytenchi

First Post
Hello, i really wanted to make a dual wield ranger but im not too sure how it works. I am using character builder but im not sure how it works. Do i get to attack with each weapon on my turn or can i only attack with one weapon?

Klaus

First Post
Hello, i really wanted to make a dual wield ranger but im not too sure how it works. I am using character builder but im not sure how it works. Do i get to attack with each weapon on my turn or can i only attack with one weapon?
Unless you choose and use a power that says you can attack with each weapon on your turn (such as Twin Strike, as mentioned above), you only attack with one weapon (but you are free to choose which of the two weapons you attack with).

DracoSuave

First Post
Let's not confuse the issue by talking about house rules. You could just as easily say you could house rule that anyone can attack as many times in a round as they want.

No doubt. Build a Slayer or Thief, and go twin-strike all the things.

Can I Thunderwave everything at a -2 to attack rolls no matter the class? Can I Brute Strike? Can I Howling Strike?

The easy way: Make the subclass of Ranger called a Scout in the character builder. That way once per round when you hit with your main weapon you get a free attack with your offhand weapon. Twin axes, a rapier and shortsword, or a rapier and dagger are your best choices here.

The harder way: Make a classic ranger. Look through for powers (a power is simply a codified set of actions) that allow you to hit with both weapons at once. Like Twin Strike - which gives you two attacks, one with a main weapon and one with an off hand weapon. Those powers give you attacks with both weapons.

Oh, and ignore Zaphling above. No need for houseruling if you already want to make a ranger. (There are also two weapon fighting approaches for the fighter and barbarian).

Klaus

First Post
The other easy way: take any class you want and pick the feat Two-Weapon Fighting. Your off-hand weapon's attacks are mimicked by the bonus to the main weapon's damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads