IA: Thurgan and Krug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan - Init: +2; AC: 19; HP: 34/36; Atk: W-axe +8 (1d10+4), X-bow +5 (1d8+1)

Thurgan pointed out the ledge he spotted to Krug, "Watch up there, migh' be som trouble."

*Thurgan looked for any exits to the room. If he couldn't see any, he skirted the side of the room away from the ledge.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Thurgan can't see any exits in the darkness. However, as he advances forward, he hears a loud warcry as five orcs leap from the upper ledge to attack, hurtling into Darkvision range as they drop down amongst the dwarves, including the injured orc. The first three attack Krug and all miss, and the second two attack Thurgan, with one hit.*

(OOC:
Orc A's Attack 9 + 6 = 15, Miss

Orc B's Attack 4 + 8 = 12, Miss

Orc C's Attack 5 + 8 = 13, Miss

Orc D's Attack 13 + 7 = 20, Hit
Thurgan takes 13 Damage.

Orc E's Attack 9 + 9 = 18, Miss

Thurgan and Krug's turn)

Krug

Newshound
Krug kept his back to Thurgan or the wall, dropping his crossbow, drawing his axe and striking out at the nearest orc, preferably the injured one. "A-a-ambush!" he shouted.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Krug takes a quick step to flank the injured orc with Thurgan and then slashes with the axe he captured from a dead orc, lopping off the orc's head and upper body.*

(OOC:

Krug's Attack 12 + 1 = 13, Hit.
Orc A takes 17 Damage and dies!

Thurgan's turn)

Krug

Newshound
"I killed one! I killed one!" says Krug eagerly, as the orc goes down, but the blows from the goblinoid's companions are already coming towards him...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan - Init: +2; AC: 19; HP: 21/36; Atk: W-axe +8 (1d10+4), X-bow +5 (1d8+1)

*Thurgan looked to adjust his position to flank (no more than 5') and attack. He ignored the orcs on him and attacked on that was on Krug.*

"Keep swingin' and shootin', there," Thurgan called out, pleased for Krug's first kill.

OOC: Since they closed before Thurgan could use his readied crossbow to fire, he'll drop it as a free action, draw his axe as a move and attack. If he can't flank, he'll attack orc E. Two handed attack with two points of power attacjk, +7 to hit, 1d10+9 damage.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You can't ready an action out of combat, as various rules threads have pointed out ;) I think the most recent one is called 'Is this tactic legal?' by Hussar.

Since they were flanking the currently dead one, he needs to go ten feet to flank the one next to it, which provokes several AoOs. Let me know which he chooses.)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
OOC: First, thank you, I am well away of the being unable to use the readied crossbow pre-combat - - which is why I stated it. I understand that the orcs gained initiative (most likely) moved (jumping from the ledge - though none of the fell) and attacked. Second, if unable to 5' adjust and flank I believe I stated that I would attack one either one of the orcs within 5' on Krug, if that was unavailable, one of the one's on Thurgan, with E being the first choice.

To summarize, A: flank if possible, else B: attack one on Krug withing 5', else C: attack one on Thurgan, preferably E.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, cool--I was confused because the flavour text said he would attack one on Krug and the OOC said to attack E if he can't flank :) He can easily get one of the two remaining on Krug)

*Thurgan moves a bit so that Krug can flank on his next move and strikes one of Krug's orcs for a heavy blow.*

*Then the orcs attack in a fury, though only one of them manages to hit Thurgan for a nasty gash.*

(OOC:

Thurgan's Attack 9 + 7 = 16, Hit.
Orc B takes 18 Damage

9 + 6 = 15, Miss
5 + 6 = 11, Miss
16 + 8 = 24, Hit.
Thurgan takes 12 Damage
2 + 9 = 11, Miss

Thurgan and Krug's turn)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.