IA: Thurgan and Zarindas

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zarindas leads Thurgan out from the inn, walking slowly with a slight limp, as he heads through several streets, chatting along the way.*

"It is so kind of you to help me with this. I only hope I am offering enough--20,000 gold to the group--I have no idea what adventurers are making these days, but I figure my offer should be plenty. OK, looks like we are here," he proclaims, "Let me check and make sure Alyx isn't sleeping--wouldn't want to wake her if she is."

*Zarindas has stopped in front of a small, weathered house that looks a little bit run-down, but still easily liveable. He unlocks the door, steps inside, and then comes back out a short time later, some of the wrinkles that furrowed his brow relaxed from before as he says:*

"She is awake, and she is eager to meet you. Please, do come in, my friend," and he ushers them inside and then shuts the door, waiting until the last person has entered and then tracing an arcane rune that glows bright blue. The inside decor is a good bit nicer than the run-down outside, sporting a few artistic flourishes with a flower motif, as if someone with a keen fashion sense lives here and really cares about making the place look homey.*

"Whew! We should be safe now! Sorry about the house, but it is home for me, and you know how hard it is to get an old man to leave his childhood home. Feel free to ask me any questions you like now, or we can head upstairs to see Alyx."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan Hammer- Init: +2; AC: 19; HP: 36/36; Atk: W-axe +8 (1d10+4), X-bow +5 (1d8+1)

Zarindas said:
"It is so kind of you to help me with this. I only hope I am offering enough--20,000 gold to the group--I have no idea what adventurers are making these days, but I figure my offer should be plenty. OK, looks like we are here," he proclaims, "Let me check and make sure Alyx isn't sleeping--wouldn't want to wake her if she is."
"Donno 'bout that, been gone fer a while, money'll help out, that's fer sure," Thurgan commented, cautious of the old man. 'Most likely a wizzard er somethin',' Thurgan thought.

Zarindas said:
"She is awake, and she is eager to meet you. Please, do come in, my friend," and he ushers them inside and then shuts the door, waiting until the last person has entered and then tracing an arcane rune that glows bright blue. The inside decor is a good bit nicer than the run-down outside, sporting a few artistic flourishes with a flower motif, as if someone with a keen fashion sense lives here and really cares about making the place look homey.*

"Whew! We should be safe now! Sorry about the house, but it is home for me, and you know how hard it is to get an old man to leave his childhood home. Feel free to ask me any questions you like now, or we can head upstairs to see Alyx."
*When the runes flashed Thurgan was immediately suspicious. His hand subconsciously edged to his axe, though he didn't draw it . . . 'Must be gitten melow in my old age,' Thurgan thought.

"What's with that rune stuff, old man?" Thurgan asked, warily. "Ya keeping in or out?"

OOC: Still trying to figure out gear between missions, FYI. I'll work as fast as I can on it

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Out...I'm keeping the ears of the demon out..." Zarindas explains, "If it hears us, then Alyx is doomed..."

(OOC: You get to make gear with craft points between missions)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan - Init: +2; AC: 19; HP: 36/36; Atk: W-axe +8 (1d10+4), X-bow +5 (1d8+1)

Zarindas said:
"Out...I'm keeping the ears of the demon out..." Zarindas explains, "If it hears us, then Alyx is doomed..."
"Huh?!?" Thurgan replied. "You best start at the beginnin', old man."

*Thurgan slid his pack off of his shoulders and rested it on the ground, but still held onto the straps.*

OOC: Yeah, I know. But I want to stop here and add the gear (if I think of anything), if you won't retro it in. Probably only but a wand of healing for purchases, but crafting . . . I [in play] crafted my chain shirt and war axes. Gotta see if it cost me points or not.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is something of a long story, but in short, a family enemy, a great demon, has been freed and sought its revenge by cursing my daughter with an incurable wasting disease. He did this out of revenge, for my ancestor trapped him for milennia..."

"But I sense you want to hear it all, so--"

"Long ago, my ancestor Zorander battled a terrible demon of the plague. This demon's virulent cursed diseases proved uncurable, even by the power of the true clerics of the gods, and so Zorander crafted an item designed to counter the demon's power, using it to cure the people who were diseased. Well, obviously, the demon did not like this, and so he attacked my ancestor. The battle was long and hard, but Zorander had the faith of the people and his family and friends behind him, and so he was victorious. However, the demon could never be completely destroyed."

"And so, he sealed the demon away in a far-away land, and he sealed the orb there too, so that it would be preserved and readily-accessible in case the demon ever broke free."

"Well, as you can imagine, the demon broke free, and he has cursed my Alyx in vengeance, leaving me healthy--if you can call any man my age healthy--because he wishes to fight me like he did my ancestor. I fear I am no match for the demon, but I know that as long as he does not discover my plan, I can distract him while a group of adventurers finds the Sealed Cavern and brings back the orb to heal my Alyx. Fear not, for you shall not have to fight the demon--though the cavern is far from here, and so only brave adventurers could even cross the miles reliably to bring it back for me...it is in a land that had been sealed with it, supposedly for all time, but apparently somehow the seal has been broken."

(OOC: I don't need to retro it in, actually--you're just allowed to do stuff in Orussus before you leave. As for in play crafting--don't take off the points yet if you really spent the appropriate amount of time (there's a proposal that may save you from having to waste them))

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Thurgan listened to the old man, uncertain if the truth was being told or not. Regardless, it sounded like it made sense, and that was good enough for Thurgan.

"So, ya want me ta get this orb thingy from a cave an' bring it back ta seal the demon, or ta save yer girl? Err both?" Thurgan summarized and asked. "Don't matter none either way ta me."

OOC:
Rystil Arden said:
As for in play crafting--don't take off the points yet if you really spent the appropriate amount of time (there's a proposal that may save you from having to waste them)
Okay, but they were made before the rules so I think I'll just pay for them in points to be safe. But, I din't play this character since the end of Stonepike to give myself time for crafting, learning and whatnot.

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Zarindas said:
"I just want my Alyx to get better...And the orb can heal her...What happens to me matters not . . . Would you like to meet Alyx?"
"So where's da demon-thing?" Thurgan asked. "An' yer Alyx . . . I'm guessin' she's sick er somethin' . . . not so certain I wanna see 'er an' git sick. I ken take yer word fer it."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The demon has no doubt travelled to the west, seeking the place where it was last defeated as a symbolic battleground for its triumphant return...As for Alyx, the disease is a magical curse, and it is not contagious, but if you do not wish to see her, I understand."

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Zarindas said:
"The demon has no doubt travelled to the west, seeking the place where it was last defeated as a symbolic battleground for its triumphant return...As for Alyx, the disease is a magical curse, and it is not contagious, but if you do not wish to see her, I understand."
*Thurgan looked skeptical, trying to determine whether the old man was playing him straight.*

"Ah seen some pretty scary thin's recently . . . well, a while ago," Thurgan admitted. "Donno 'bout curses and whatnot, but if ya think its importan' and all . . . ."

OOC: [Sense Motive skilll total -1 ;)]

Remove ads