• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ian Somerhalder

Klaus

First Post
What happened to this actor? I havnt seem him since lost.
As was mentioned, he's one of the three leads in The Vampire Diaries, and the most entertaining of the three (the other two are good actors, but Damon is just fun to watch!).

BTW, The Vampire Diaries is far superior to anything vampire-related these days, mainly because it's based on a book series that predates Twilight and its ilk by at least a decade.

RigaMortus2

First Post
I tried to get into Vampire Diaries but I just couldn't. It was like a lame Buffy-rip off. I will say that Ian Somerhalder does a great job in the show.

I think True Blood is the better of the vampire TV shows that are on right now.

Let Me In is a remake of a foreign film The Let Right One In which I was able to cathc On Demand. I'm not sure how close this American re-make is to the original, but the original was very slow. The ending however was satisifying :) Almost worth it to watch just for the ending, but not quite...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
BTW, The Vampire Diaries is far superior to anything vampire-related these days, mainly because it's based on a book series that predates Twilight and its ilk by at least a decade.

I thought you were my friend.

TVD is possible the worst vampire-related thing I ever saw. It completely encapsulates that ridiculous 150-yr old man hanging round with high school students (and why do they always have to attend high school? Ooooh, I'm 150 years old, immortal, one fo the undead, and have a history of killing, and have superpowers - but I think I'd better touch up on my algebra! Plus sleeping with girls 135 years younger than me doesn't make me a paedophile, honest!)

Plus the stupid magic ring which make shim able to walk in the day. And how he looks exactly like Angel.

Gah! I hate it all!

True Blood? Not too bad. American High School Vampires Mk. XVIII? I'd rather eat my own feet.

Granted, it's not marketed at adult men, but at 14 year old girls. But even so...

Fast Learner

First Post
My ranking -- and yeah, I'm watching all of these -- is:

True Blood
Being Human
The Gates
The Vampire Diaries

Even at the bottom, The Vampire Diaries has enough interesting stuff going on to make it worth watching. The romance stuff becomes mostly side plot after half of the first season. I'm enjoying it, anyway.

Not sure where Lost Girl will end up on the list, having seen only one episode so far.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Even though I'm not watching it, I hope The Gates does well: one of the young actresses in it is the daughter of someone I know.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Plus sleeping with girls 135 years younger than me doesn't make me a paedophile, honest!

Just to clarify my statement in light of the inevitable Dracula comparisons - Dracula was evil. He can do evil things like paedophilia and murder; the characters in all these things are the dreary "I'm a good vampire but I look like a 16-yr old high school student, and act exactly like one except for the trademarked occasional "odd" look or statement, and I only drink from rabbits and I buy them a drink afterwards" type.

Except for the bit where they always succumb and "go bad" briefly to show they're really dangerous and edgy, but love prevails.

Uggh.

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
I thought you were my friend.

TVD is possible the worst vampire-related thing I ever saw. It completely encapsulates that ridiculous 150-yr old man hanging round with high school students (and why do they always have to attend high school? Ooooh, I'm 150 years old, immortal, one fo the undead, and have a history of killing, and have superpowers - but I think I'd better touch up on my algebra! Plus sleeping with girls 135 years younger than me doesn't make me a paedophile, honest!)

Plus the stupid magic ring which make shim able to walk in the day. And how he looks exactly like Angel.

Gah! I hate it all!

True Blood? Not too bad. American High School Vampires Mk. XVIII? I'd rather eat my own feet.

Granted, it's not marketed at adult men, but at 14 year old girls. But even so...
That was explained:

[sblock]
He *didn't* attend high school. He lived his life as an immortal, enjoying life and stuff, until he saw Elena -- who was a dead ringer for his imprisoned lover/creator, Katherine. So Stefan decides to keep her under watch -- unseen -- to determine if she was indeed Katherine. 'Cause if so, he'd have to *kill* her.

But through his investigations he found out that Elena was nothing like Katherine. She was kind, compassionate and full of life. So when the accident killed Elena's parents (and Stefan was there, trying to save them), Stefan decided to enroll as a senior to get to know Elena.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads