• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) A Hard Time in Harrowdale

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abrielle gasped and followed the silver haired elf. She was no healer, but she did have three healing potions on her person. "Oh you poor man, what happened to you?" the elven girl addressed the strangely dressed man.

Voda Vosa

First Post
With his mouth half opened and his eyes wide open, the man looks as the two beautiful elves run to his side to aid him, surprised even more of the fact that "someone" helped him. Not even the gate guards did anything for him.
Lost in all this, he even missed the part when the more wild elf cured his arm.
Amazed he looks at his arm, closing and opening his hand. "I... I deeply appreciate your assistance and your concern for this stranger my ladies." Abde'Ragman bows sophisticatedly in his land's way. "I am Abde'Ragman, a travelling merchant from the great Calisham." the man pauses, and his face turns sad and grim "My... caravan was attacked by bandits, they... they killed my mother and my helpers. I... tried to stop them, but I fail them, I fail my mother... Maybe you should have left me to die." the calishite laments, replying the bard.
From behind his head, a tan toad comes climbing, and it croaks as he sees the elves. "Stop crying like that Jasmar" the wizard pats the female toad, which closes her eyes and "ribbits".
"Since I've lost everything, maybe I could pay your assistance with work, or with anything else you need." Again, the man bows, leaving his staff standing in the air, supported by some kind of invisible force.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The wood elf is slightly taken aback by the Calishite's demeanor and words,"It is the will of Sehanine that brought me to you and you to me. Nothing more. No repayment is needed."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abrielle displayed a compassionate smile and gently grabbed the strange man's elbow. "I am not expert in these matters but you would have hardly died from an arrow shot to the arm. About your family - I am sorry. Maybe you should seek justice form the local authority? I hear that a sun elf is in charge here in Harrowdale, she will surely give an ear to your pleas."

The elven girl clapped her hands and nodded towards her table at the diner. "Come, please, both of you. Share my table, I will be happy to hear your stories. As a Bard I always take interest in the adventures of others."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I insist my lady, in these days it's not common to see a person willing to help a complete stranger. Such attitude must be repaid."
Politedly accepting, the man, still walking clumsy by the ache in his legs, walks to the elf table and sits down, heavily. Almost falling in his chair. "Come down Jasmar" the small toad jumps on the table at his master's command. "She is Jasmar, she's been travelling with me most of my life." The toad insuflates his lungs with air, appearing bigger and fatty. "She wants to look impressive for the first impression, of course." the man chuckles. His humour seems to improve a bit.
In a more serious tone, he addreses the bard. "I'll follow your advice. But I'm afraid that it'll be no surprise that the authorities have something to do with the attack. I seemed all so damn well planned..."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abrielle squealed with excitement and scratched the toad's head carefully. "Aren't you a smart girl? Do you want a honey biscuit?" She took one of the small brown biscuits and offered it to the creature.

"I have been here long enough to have gathered some infromation on Harrowdale. I assure you, even if the Council of Seven Burghers are naught but merchants, miss Ellarian Dawnhorn, who runs the constabulary, is a very well reputed woman. After all, we sun elves are always exceptional characters"

Abrielle laughed at her own jest and waved towards the serving girl. "Please, Bess, bring lunch for me and my two companions here, and some ale as well." The girl looked at Selua and Abde'Ragman and smiled once more, revealing her straigth white teeth. "My treat. It has been a long time since i have had an interesting conversation over lunch."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Fayne (he had stopped referring to himself by his first name many years ago) glances about the plaza with his mismatched grey and green eyes, taking in the hustle and bustle of the port town. The newly arrived caravan, or more importantly, the mercenaries that had been guarding it, caught the stern-looking man's attention. Perhaps they would know of some work so that he could make a few coins. He made note that several of them were headed to the tavern...a few mugs of ale should loosen their tongues.

Drawing himself up to his full height, well over six feet, Fayne begins to walk across the plaza, using the polearm gripped tightly in his hand as a walking stick. Brushing a strand of long, copper colored hair from his face, he slowed his pace so that he was trailing behind the mercenaries, and followed them into the tavern.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I'm afraid you should try something more... "bugysh" to get her attention." The man comments, showing a brief smile.

"If you say so I shall meet with her as soon as posible. Would you care to show me where does this sun elf resides?" Abde'Ragman asks, as the waitress shows up "After lunch of course; in my country, refusing an invitation to lunch is an offence, severely punished." The bearded man says, not joking at all.
"I do not know your names. I'll be glad to hear and remember them"

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abrielle took a mental note of Calimshan's strange custom. "Faerun has so much to offer... As dear as Evermeet is to me, I can't go back until I have explored this wonderous land."

"Well I don't know where she lives, but I can most certainly find out where to seek an audience with her - I am not one to shy away from conversation. Oh, and my name is Abrielle Elaéyadar, a Bard and traveling minstrel at your service." The elven girl displayed a radiant smile and eyed the wizard."
He has lost his mother and his entire fortune only hours ago, yet he keeps his composure. A strong mind and stern logic rule this man's world."

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
(OOC: Minor notes..... His name is Abde'Ragman...Rasheman is an eastern country of Faerun....his homeland is Calimshan......and the other elf's name is Selua. Just reminding. I'll update in the morning with the tavern, Niles, etc.)

Remove ads