D&D 5E [IC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

Creamsteak

Explorer
As you near the candle you can see it is nearing it's limits. Just north of it, along the clay wall, a face is shaped into the surface.

Sorwheel gasps. "Sister!"

He bolts forward and puts his hands against the face touching it, as if trying to understand or remember the face. "No no no no!" He reaches deep into the clay surface as if to try to dig his way through the wall.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thael approaches the clay face and inspects it. "Can you tell me what happened here?" He says, more intrigued than empathetic.

OOC: Lets go for an arcana check: [roll0] plus [roll1] from guidance

Creamsteak

Explorer
[sblock=Arcana_15]The face was crude, like a child's work. There doesn't seem to be anything magical about it. The boy is over-reacting to nothing. Perhaps he or someone else simply shaped that into the wall and left the candle.[/sblock]

Sorwheel keeps crying and digging, trying to pull the mud up from this spot in the wall and crudely shape it back into the shape of a head, perhaps more.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thael looks to the others, for someone to have more empathy towards the boy. "There is nothing magical about this. Boy, explain yourself!" He adds, frustrated.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hysteric, he calls out, "She's here! She's here! Help me! She must have tried to crawl out! I should have stayed! I should have stayed!"

He keeps pulling and caking clay together, as if to start forming a body.

Remove ads