• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

GreenKarl

First Post
The man scratches his unshaven chin and thinks about it, looking over each member of the group. Finally he says "Maybe ye is, and maybe ye isn't, but oks. About a half days walk south, if'in ye follows the trails here, ye find a place that might. Old man Hakan be one of the only fellows round these parts that have horses. Not sure if he will sells them to ya but maybes."

The old man nods and starts turning his back on the group when he stops himself and turns his head to add "The Iron Guard don't get out this far to often, but they do patrol father west. If'in ye sees them might be best to makes yerself scarce. Lessen ye have a lot of cash to pay their 'patrol taxes' with and if'in ye don't they ant too friendly. Heck they ant to friendly to begin with and they just a bunch of greedy thugs, but they kill a few orcs now and again so they ant totally worthless..."

"They ant hard to miss, wearing their black mail and riding them big destriers."

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Brak raised a single eyebrow. He was very interested in these... destroyers the Iron Guard was riding.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Farm outside Elredd
Day 2/Morning

“Thank you, good man,” Tirion told the older farmer. “We will take your advice to heart. Thank you for allowing us to spend the night in the shadow of your walls. If there is any compensation or aid we can give you, we will most gladly before we leave for this other farm you speak of.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Conditions: Guidance

Inspiration: 0

Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None
Off Hand: None

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 2/2
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section] At dawn, Levanna had changed from her brown leather breeches and green leather jerkin over a white blouse into her more familiar and comfortable blue velvet robes and matching cloak fastened with a silver and ruby butterfly brooch. She held her staff firmly by her side with her back arched and her shoulders squared proudly. She felt a flood of self confidence return as she no longer tried to blend in or hide what she was. Though she still wondered if it was worth the risk of greater attention she would call on herself in towns such as Elreed.

"I see that your home has been built with defense in mind. We thank you for the advice regarding the Iron Guard. Would you be so kind as to offer more for the orcs or other monsters that plague these lands?" Levanna said as she untied her purse from her belt and fished for coins enough for her share of the compensation that Tirion offered.[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 4/4/4
2nd: 3/3/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
The old man shrugs to Tirion's comments but stops and thinks about Levanna's. After a second he nods and says "Wells there be a lot of ork and goblinkin that raid in these here parts. Must come out of the Suss Forest or are raiders from Port Fury down south."

"More recent like we been gettin' attack at night by the Red Moon tribe of orks. They says that their leader be an orogs or such and smarter then yer average ork raider. They don't bother us as much during the days as it seems they don't like light too much. Maybe more so then yer average ork boy. Anyways, they be more active south of here, especially down Old man Hakan way. Don't know how he survives out there all by his a lonesome but that's the way he like it and he ant dead yet sos he must be doing something right."

"Now then also, lots of folks here about have been seeing a whole lot of big old bear tracks in the area. Just one bear as far as we can tell and probably the biggest darn one any of us have ever seen. At leasts its tracks are bigger then anyone even seen. Funny thing it ant taken anyone livestock but it sure do got people jumping at shadows. The tracks have move in and around just about everyone's homestead for the last couple of weeks. Seem that there bear be looking around for something. Ant sure what. It be mighty sly though as no one ant seen it either..."

"I guess that be the big concerns around here, as if'in that weren't enough. We tries and stay out of other people's business."

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn Human Rogue

Kelvyn remains silent but listens attentively to the farmer's words. He tips his hat politely as they depart. Once out of earshot he addresses his companions. "It sounds like we need to go carefully and avoid both the 'law' if that is what those Iron Guard fellows are indeed the authorities as well as raiders and a mysterious 'bear'. I'm no expert on ursine beasts, but the creature he described sounds like more than your average bear to me."

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Brak ignored most of the farmer's warning about the local orc tribe. He had killed more than his fair share of orcs over the years. Let the farmers fear them. The bear on the other hand... that was added to the mental list that currently occupyied the majority of his limited mental capacity. The list currently consisted of: Riding Destroyers and Bears.

3SpdDragster

First Post
Evendur Buckman Rogue Level 1 (warlock 4)

At the mention of the bear, Evendurs recalls the odd bear at the fighting pit.

"Excuse me good sir," he calls out to the farmer. "How long ago was this bear last spotted?"

GreenKarl

First Post
The man replies "The bear was a snooping by our place four days ago but I heard tell that it was over at the Wetherby's place two nights ago. Not sure if anyone sawed any new tracks last night yet. But I am sures we will hear once the youngins come back in for lunch. They all swap stories out in the hills with the young lads from the other homesteads in the area and we hears everyone's business faster then the crow does fly..."

3SpdDragster

First Post
Evendur Buckman Rogue Level 1 (warlock 4)

"I believe the bear may be looking for it's companion," Evendur says to his companions. "If it is alright with you all, could we stay until we find out some more information. I think I would like to chat with it."

Remove ads