IC - CoC - D20 - Fog over Buenos Aires

Drowned Hero

First Post
Call of Cthulhu - CoC D20 - Fog over Buenos Aires
>RG IC OOC

In this Campaign some use of spanish will be used. The spanish parts will not be translated unless its very important to know the information given. If you like you can use this Translator that i find quite useful.

Buenos Aires is the capital and largest city of Argentina. It is geographically located on the southern shore of the Río de la Plata, on the southeastern coast of the South American continent.

After the internal conflicts of the 19th century, Buenos Aires was federalised and removed from Buenos Aires Province in 1880. The city limits were enlarged to include the former towns of Belgrano and Flores, which are both now neighbourhoods of the city.
In addition to the wealth generated by the fertile pampas, railroad construction in the second half of the 19th century increased the economic power of Buenos Aires as raw materials flowed into its factories; Buenos Aires became a multicultural city that ranked itself with the major European capitals. The Colón Theater became one of the world's top opera venues. The city's main avenues were built during those years, and the dawn of the 20th century saw the construction of South America's then-tallest buildings and first underground system.

Game on!

Last edited:

Drowned Hero

First Post
The dream

You saw a flash of light and a thunder rolled in from the sea. You feel dissy that night, the feeling getting worse as the fog creeps up from the port, nightmares of sea creatures engulfing your soul torments your mind. You awake with a sudden jerk to the morning sun. You dont know how or why but you remember a paper article about a mystic doctor claiming to see trough dreams the past, present and future of mankind.

You search trough the pile of old newspapers and you find the article:

You suddenly remember more from your dream, a voice whispering about the old one that walks the spaces between thoughts, and the urgency to find and talk to the Doctor.
You notice the name of the journalist signing the article and rapidly think to contact him. You arrive at the La Nacion Argentina newspaper by foot from your hostel. You see press corps at their cars waiting for a call to rush off, a street musician is playing a tango tune on his accordion at the corner your at. Some people are listening and nodding at the skill the musician have. He sing with a raspy voice a tune about love and despair, his voice bears years of alcohol abuse.

Last edited:

Prof. Juan Martínez Escudero

Armando Trudillo.
Prof. Escudero rolls the name on his tongue.
I know that name, thought not personally, I heard about him, should be interesting to see the Prof. speaks.
He thinks to himself. Then he snaps out, fold the paper and tuck it to his coat.
Pardon, my good muchacho, this trunk and the suitcase goes to “La Seniora” hotel. I have a reservation on the name of Prof. Juan Escudero, Gracias.
He tips the porter and makes his way away from the boat.
After settling in the hotel, Juan takes a nice, refreshing and easy walking from the hotel to stretch his bones and see the surroundings. It’s been a while since he visited the large city, and it indeed grows larger and prettier.
Oh .. La nacion building. The Prof. looks at the structure and draw the folded paper from his pocket, and reread the article, then he looks at the press corps, his adventurer character ready to spring forth. I wonder what’s going on?

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Felx Oquendo

The crush of Buenos Aires' streets is jarring after months on the pampas, but it is only here that Felix can hide from his past.

Until the dream, at least. Now even his head has dark places and secrets within. This doctor may hold some promise for peace, if only for a short while.

With his horse stabled at the northern edge of town, Felix wanders into the capital, looking for the newspaper publisher. He can point Felix in the right direction, at least.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Thursday 3/9-1931 10:00 hrs

Oh .. La nacion building. The Prof. looks at the structure and draw the folded paper from his pocket, and reread the article, then he looks at the press corps, his adventurer character ready to spring forth. I wonder what’s going on?

As you approach the building you see 5-6 cars stationed and the reporters and, drivers and cameramens stand talking about the latest news. Theres many people rushing by a paper boy stands on the corner shouting the days important news. You notice a man in gausho clothings with a newspaper under his arm sitting on a bench looking at his feet.

The professor walks into the building and walk over to the reception of the newspaper. A young lady is busy attending the visitors while she squeeze in time to answer the phone, write letters and directing people to wait in the lobby until they get their turn.
The professor dont know how but the young lady call all the persons sitting in the enormous leather sofa one by one in the order they entered the building...

The young lady stops you as you approach the bench pointing to the sofa and making a sign with her hand that cant be mistaken. She wants you to sit down and wait. She calls you up in turn and asks 'who and what?'

1930ssecretarytypistrh2.th.jpg

Last edited:

Drowned Hero

First Post
Thursday 3/9-1931 09:50 hrs

Felix wanders into the capital, looking for the newspaper publisher. He can point Felix in the right direction, at least.

Felix walks up the stairs of the newspaper when he notice the piccolo loking at his shaggy cloths and wrinkling his nose as he passes. The man in the 30's as him 'the kitchen people uses the back door' 'i wonder what you doing here even if you where a employee at the kitchen you.. you smell like horse!' 'get out of here only respectable people enters this place' go away!'

The piccolo makes a sign to a security guard standing inside the building and the man comes out motioning Felix to walk down the broad white marmol stairs

A boy shout out the days news at the corner 'El puerto sera reabierto hoy despues de 7 dias de paro!'

Last edited:

Drowned Hero

First Post
At the Theatre

Thuesday 10 sept 1931 06:00 hrs

The day is almost here the Director thinks to himself walking fast up Calle Tucuman towards the back entrance of the Teater Colon. At the wall a huge poster welcomes to the opening of Dante's "Divine Comedy!" A red background and Satan in the foreground tormenting Dantes figure with a trident. The Director walks straight to his office taking out a small box from his desk and starts to check out a long list of task for the day. He writes a couple of letters to distributors: chalk, salt, metal structure, 6 chairs, several raw metals, ribbons and other things.

Eight o'clock the theater secretary comes in with authority handing him his breakfast. Coffee, bread and 3 bananas newly imported from Venezuela. The Director eats up all as fast as he can asking the secretary to bring him a whole can to the library.
'I will make the final selection for the premiere' 'please dont disturb me if possible you can take care of the rest of the task today' 'If anyone comes personally wanting a seat tell them that the Theater has sold all the tickets to be' with that he walks to the 'Salon Dorado'.

Thuesday 10 sept 1931 10:00 hrs

Two persons walks to the Colon Theater main entrance and enters showing their Cleaning Service credentials. They take some minutes around in the main area before they move to clean the library.
The guard force patrolling the place in routine talks to them 'your new at the work he boys?' Guillermo and Felipe small talks to the cleaner about the importance of cleaning the dust on the books and point out that the usual cleaning team makes a very good work at it. 'They even dust of the spots behind them' Guillermo tells them and resumes the walk up the stairs with a smirk and towards the 'Salon Dorado'.

Prof. Juan Martínez Escudero

The young lady stops you as you approach the bench pointing to the sofa and making a sign with her hand that cant be mistaken. She wants you to sit down and wait. She calls you up in turn and asks 'who and what?'

Buenos dias seniorita.
The prof. lowers his hat and smiles kindly to the woman
My name is Prof. Juan Martínez Escudero and I will be delighted to see the lecture of Dr. Trudillo at Teatro colon. His name follows him over the seas to the old world.
He takes out the folded paper and reads the name of the journalist
I will be happy to speak to the one who wrote it.
He lowers his glasses and pronounces the name
Mr. Alvaro Uribe

Remove ads