• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Creamsteak

Explorer
The woman smiles an old crone smile that only someone that knows something of suffering could make. "I see. And you say his crimes were serious? We can help him pay his penance. Only he would know when he has truly become repentant."

OOC: So are you going to leave Lars to Summit Hall? That should be interesting.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: I mean, Damien is lawful and these guys seem pretty lawful, so I'd be okay with it.

Maybe these knights are my people...

Glancing over at Lars, Damien said, "Well, that sounds interesting."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lars seems a bit frightened by Ushien.

Ushien continues to the party, "Well if you are going to search for the caravan, we did not find them on the road. I did send a few scouts to look ahead for them. Nothing was found. You may have to leave the road to find them. And I don't know a lot about the monks of the Sacred Stone, they usually kept to themselves... but the temple they took over was for the longest time called a Haunted Keep. I could provide directions, if you need them."

Regarding Lars, "If they relinquish you to my protection, the first order of business will be to get you clean. Completely. A knight treats her body as a temple."

The Knights of Summit Hall look like they could handle Lars... or a few of him... each. So you needn't worry about their own protection from the bandit.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan nods at the prospect of leaving Lars here.

"This is good. You keep your life, and perhaps the good people here can show you something to do with it."

Turning to the others, he continues.

"So what say you all. North, or west? I believe we saw the monastery on our way here, or do we see if we can track the caravan?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"So what say you all. North, or west? I believe we saw the monastery on our way here, or do we see if we can track the caravan?"

Telepathically, so the lady Ushien cannot perceive the communication, Thaliss says to the group We are on this side of the river, so I believe we should track the caravan first, and then, depending on what we find, we can go to the monastery. On our way, I wouldn't mind having a conversation with Holgar at watergate keep, and perhaps get back at Grimjaw for putting a 100gp bounty on our, and our brother in arms' heads

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Seeing as the most likely path to take involves searching for the caravan then...

Leaving the Hall behind, the group adventures north following the road but looking for a trail or path off the road that might have been traversed by the caravan. Making good time, Damien and Thaliss get a sense of a fight that involved much magical firepower in the nearby vicinity and are capable of tracking down the site of the missing caravan.

OOC: Survival Checks: Damien and Thaliss, with the lowest modifiers, were the most successful. You find the Delegation Ambush site on the map, but that's not all!

In a small dell a mile off the road, you find the remains of a battle. A dozen dead soldiers lie on the ground, dressed in black surcoats bearing the emblem of a red axe. Most appear to have died from battle injuries, although some lie in small craters or jumbles of broken rock. Abandoned and looted wagons lie nearby. A couple of broken trunks sit on the ground by the wagons. Two rock cairns—one large and one small—stand atop a hillside nearby.

Thaliss and Damien can identify that the craters and rock jumbles are the effects of powerful earth-based magic. The large cairn contains the bodies of five dead bugbears. They are dressed in black leather armor with a strange triangular symbol on it. The small cairn contains the body of a human woman in monk's robes with a strange golden mask shaped like a snarling gargoyle face. The mask is made of gilded tin and not particularly valuable.

The tracks that the group can make out show that about thirty bugbears and medium humanoids wearing boots headed west into the hills.

OOC: But wait, there's still more!

A strange, croaking cry from somewhere above catches your attention. You spot a trio of huge, winged shapes gliding toward you—giant vultures! Each bird carries on its back a warrior in dull blue armor with a dirty white cloak.

Damien: You are the only character that rolled over a 10 on perception, and thus are the only character not surprised by the sudden arrival of the airborne attack.

Initiatives:
Damien 19
Knight 17
Initiates 9

Other characters can roll for initiative for their first action. Damien acts first. The targets are 50 ft. above you roughly. I'll build a map when I have time.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan remains focused on the monk and the mask, making more and more connections in his mind. So focused that he completely misses the enemies overhead.

[roll0]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: A simple map. Weird how everything gets moved slightly ajar when converted to an image.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 220

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads