D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gul finds that the town is lead by Tamalin Zoar, a Tethyrian noblewoman. She employs nine deputies who give the village some peace. She collects a "tithe" for such services. Few villagers have cause to complain about Tamalin’s protection racket.

Bell hears Roco sing and mutter periodically.

As the night continues on it starts to rain and thunder can be heard in the distance to the north and east. The stables adjoined to the inn seem to suddenly get very loud with the noises of horses panicking. A strange scratching noise can be heard as well.

OOC: Where is Whistler at this point? Also Bell is entitled to perception since she is awake.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: I imagine Whistler isn't welcome in the tavern, and so he'll be outside, on the roof or under a tree. Ideally, he'd have some line of sight of a window or door, but if it rains he'd want to stay dry.

Perception: [roll0].[/ooc]

Creamsteak

Explorer
There's a cozy enough room that's apparently not locked that he can hide in for shelter just outside. Whistler comes up to the nearest window and relatively gently taps against it. He's clear that there's someone dangerous outside, somewhere to the south and east.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Map update for new character.

[sblock=Willow]You are awakened by the sound of some kind of scratching and clanking noises coming from outside. You are staying at the Calling Horn Inn.[/sblock]

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    590.3 KB · Views: 136

SunGold

First Post
Willow blinks the sleep from her eyes and quietly gets out of bed, reaching for her shield. She puts her ear to the wall to see if she can make out anything more intelligible.

OOC: Perception: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8

Ominous first roll. Is there a window she can look out?

Also, is this place sketchy enough that she'd have been sleeping in armor, or does she need to start frantically donning that?

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Actually it's a pretty nice Inn. It is in the middle of the road along the countryside where there have been rumors of troll attacks however. Your call.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: In the interest of not dying in the first encounter, I'll say she's wearing armor.
Willow gives up on listening at the wall and steps out into the hallway, where she's surprised to see, of all things, a gnome sitting there.

She greets her in gnomish and then follows up in the common tongue: "Did the noise wake you up, too?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"No, I was already awake," says Bellalalalalinda to the stranger. "My gorilla says there's something afoot," she tells him. "Would you mind waking up the people in that room and that room, but not that one," (she points to Red Roc's room, and scowls), "and tell them that I'm outside? Thanks!"

With that she gives a thumbus-up to Whistler outside and she heads down the stairs for the front door, calling out "By the way my names's Belelalalalalalalinda", as she descends, each "la" coinciding with a step. She's going to investigate!

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whistler moves around with a very intelligent pace. He dodges under a local tree in a small field at the inn and sees two large green-ish monstrous humanoids with long pointed noises. Trolls. They're scratching at the surface of the inn's stables. It's obvious to even whistler, they know food and shelter are there, and they seek it.

The entire party has actions. Yet, there are other noises on the north side of the inn. Clicks and clanks.

SunGold

First Post
"Your..." Willow says, but she doesn't have time to get another word in before the gnome is gone. Once her sleepy brain catches up she runs to the window and stands stupefied when she sees that there is, in fact, a gorilla out there.

"Gods above..." she mutters to herself before turning to face the doors Bellalalalinda indicated.

She steps hesitantly toward the door nearest the window (Gul's), cringing a little at the thought of waking strangers in the middle of the night. She holds her fist a few inches from the door for a moment before knocking.

[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 45/45
AC: 18

Spell slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 3/3

Spells prepared: Bless, Cure Wounds, Command, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Hold Person, Prayer of Healing, Zone of Truth, Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Clairvoyance, Mass Healing Word, Spirit Guardians

Channel Divinity: 2/2

HD: 6/6 (d8)[/sblock]

Remove ads